At Aiven, we turn top Open Source data technologies into frustration-free cloud services to serve the needs of customers of all sizes. Today, we offer eight fully-managed services - Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Redis, InfluxDB and Grafana that work across major cloud providers such as Google, Amazon, Azure, Digital Ocean and more.
Aiven in a nutshell:
- We are open-source and cloud experts
- Our platform delivers bullet-proof data ops
- Global service footprint & support organization
- Security in our DNA
- 500+ customers in 50+ countries
- $50M in VC funding
We are looking for a consulting-oriented Solutions Architect to help customers utilize Aiven's managed open source services. An ideal candidate will be passionate about (open source) technology and genuinely want to help customers in post-sales capacity. Suitable candidates must have demonstrable experience in the following areas that will be required in their day-to-day job: Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, InfluxDB and Grafana.
- Helping customers succeed, building successful relationships.
- Be an active contributor during the post sales and sales process
- Be an ambassador for Aiven
- Travel up to 5% of the time (once it's safe)
- Understand customers’ technical requirements on an architectural level and propose solutions to address them using Aiven’s services
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in an approachable and correct technical level for the audience
- Ability to implement software solutions as needed in post-sales capacity to interface with Aiven services in order to address business requirements
- Ability to form deep technical relationships with customers technical staff
- Fluency in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, Go or Ruby
- Knowledgeable with public clouds (AWS, Google or Azure) and in the areas of compute, storage - block and object, networking, and security groups
- Linux operating system, demonstrable experience using various Linux utilities and tools (installation, securing system, storage, etc.) and has a good grasping of networking basics like DNS
- A fairly deep conceptual understanding of Kafka and at least one of Cassandra or Elasticsearch.
- Demonstrable use of a relational databases preferably PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
- Act as a subject matter expert on Aiven service offerings
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or similar discipline) or, an equivalent amount of professional experience in software engineering
The following are nice to have:
- Writing technical blogs and conducting webinars
- Experience working in technology/software sales, post-sales or consulting
- Giving talks at conferences and meetups
- Customer relationship management
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit and growing diverse team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a truly unique success story. If you’re interested, send us your application.
- A dynamic startup environment with a unique culture being headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, and a rapidly growing, international business
- A technical team of very experienced experts in their field of Backend/Frontend Development, Support Engineering, Product Management
- Participation in our employee stock option plan
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged colleagues
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Attractive health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision) through BlueCross BlueShield
Aiven Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.