Spanish Linguist - Arizona
TITLE: Spanish Linguist - Arizona
DIALECT: Mexican and/or Caribbean Dialect
LOCATION: Travel (TDY) Required
WORK SCHEDULE: Office is open 7 days a week, Linguist will be required to have a flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends. The position will require travel for an extensive period of time (30 plus days).
About KACE :
When you make the decision to join KACE, you are choosing to work alongside talented professionals that have one thing in common; the passion to make a difference! KACE employees bring their diverse talents and experiences to work on critical projects that help shape the nation’s safety, security, and quality of life.
The desire to have a career that is purposeful and forward thinking is woven into every KACE employee...it’s The KACE Way. KACE employees are; purpose driven, forward focused, open-minded, trustworthy and invested.
The KACE Way is our commitment to our employees, to our customers, and to our communities. Join KACE and make a difference!
KACE is a leading provider of specialized technical and professional expertise for national security, law enforcement, public safety, government operations, and the intelligence community.
What we are seeking – Spanish Linguists to support the federal and local law enforcement community by providing real time translation services in a fast-paced environment.
Key functions you will perform:
- Knowledge - Extensive knowledge of slang terminology in various Spanish dialects.
- Summarize Content – Monitor electronic communications in the source language/dialect and provide oral and written synopses of information collected as well as assist in identifying pertinent data.
- Transcriptions and Translations – Provide transcriptions and translations of various material from the source language into English.
- Computer – Duties are performed via a government approved computer system. Linguist are required to possess strong computer skills in MS Word and Excel.
The work environment – work is performed in a secured, windowless government facility. The position requires prolonged periods of sitting at a designated workstation monitoring computer data and processing information.
- Travel required for extensive periods of time.
- Available to work 40 hours per week.
- Available to work nights to include one weekend night and some holidays.
- Employees supporting this contract are considered ESSENTIAL to the Federal Government.
Requirements you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree AND three (3) years’ experience in a professional setting OR Associate degree AND five (5) years’ experience in a professional setting OR a High School Diploma AND seven (7) years of experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year of translation experience in the required language
- Knowledgeable in text language, Social Media and Webchat
- Must be able to pass a third-party Language Assessment (Listening/Speaking/Reading/Writing) in Spanish and English
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills in both the source and target language, including correct and accurate grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Must be able to work under pressure, in a fast-paced environment and be able to communicate effectively with management and law enforcement personnel.
- Requires the ability to prioritize, have effective time management skills, meet stringent deadlines, balance multiple tasks and work in a team environment.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Must be a U.S Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
These requirements are thoroughly reviewed during the employment screening process. Candidates must meet all qualifications and selection criteria.