SPD Technician 1
Northern Arizona Healthcare Corporation
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for the proper care and handling of all general and specialty surgical instrumentation which includes cleaning, decontamination, identification, assembly, troubleshooting, packaging, distribution, and sterilization.Responsibilities:
* Decontaminates, assembles, and packages all surgical instruments following established protocols.
* Inspects instrumentation for functionality and damage, and prepares order requests for instruments that need repair or replacement.
* Identifies instruments for various surgical specialties and follows manufacturers IFUs for proper processing.
* Operates autoclaves and gas plasma sterilizers.
* Maintains biological and chemical wash solutions to ensure quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and medical equipment, while maintaining a clean environment.
* Maintains appropriate logs and records relative to the sterilization process, including sterilizer load records and biological monitoring records.
* Responds to problem calls from Operating Rooms and performs preliminary investigations.
* Restocks, labels, and maintains inventory, submits requisitions, collects and distributes instruments, trays, crash carts, and facility medical equipment.
* Determines priority level of instrumentation and equipment requests, including preparing and delivering case carts with extreme accuracy.
* Responsible for reporting any safety related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
* Assists with maintaining established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality improvement, safety, and environmental and infection control standards.
* If required for position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job specific training in the specified time frame.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employees area of responsibility.
High School Diploma or GED- Required
Graduation from an accredited Sterile Processing program or other higher education- Preferred
Certifications and Licensure:
CRCST/CBSPD Certification- Preferred
Recent experience as a Sterile Processing Tech or Surgical Tech- Preferred
Education in healthcare field- Preferred