Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewmen
Little Rock, AR
Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewmen (SWCC) are specially trained to operate on and around rivers and coastal regions around the world. Wielding extreme firepower and a deadly skill set, SWCC operators support special warfare/special operations missions, as well as conduct direct action and special reconnaissance missions of their own.
As a SWCC, you may very likely:
- Insert and extract SEALs and other Special Operations personnel from a variety of Naval Surface Warfare vessels
- Collect important data about enemy military installations and shipping traffic in coastal areas
- Assist other military and civilian law enforcement agencies
No college degree is required to become an enlisted Navy SWCC operator, but the standards of qualification require the kind of mental and physical fortitude that few possess. For those making the cut, immense challenges and constant training are a way of life.
To qualify for SWCC training, you must:
- Meet specific eyesight requirements: 20/40 best eye; 20/70 worst eye; correctable to 20/25 with no color blindness
- Meet the minimum Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) score: AR+VE=103, MC=51
- Be 30 years of age or younger
- Be a U.S. citizen and eligible for security clearance
NOTE: If you're pursuing an NSW/NSO position, much better PST scoring is expected.
NOTE: You should consult your physician or other health-care professional before starting any exercise regime or other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs. This is particularly true if you (or your family) have a history of medical illnesses or ailments that could be made worse by a change in physical activity. Do not start a fitness program if your physician or health-care provider advises against it.
General qualifications may vary depending upon whether you're currently serving, whether you've served before or whether you've never served before.
Learn more about life in the Navy at https://www.monster.com/company/profiles/US-NAVY-1
About the Company
In America's Navy, opportunity is everywhere. Make a living as a rescue swimmer. Spend your days launching jets off aircraft carriers. Turn your problem-solving skills into cyberwarfare expertise. Bring humanitarian relief to victims of disaster. Wherever your passions lie, the most versatile branch of the military will forge your skills with state-of-the-art technology, collaborative mentorship and hands-on experience. Whether you choose full-time, Active Duty or part-time enlistment in the Navy Reserve, you can meet your professional goals and discover the pride of defending your nation alongside Sailors from across the country.And after all, it's not where the sea takes you, but who it makes you.
Start your journey at NAVY.COM