Specialist Communications (Public Relations Sunglass Hut) (New York, NY, US, 10018)
New York, NY
Requisition ID: 433285
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Supporting over 4,500 retail stores in North America, a career in our retail headquarters allows us to stay in touch with the end customer and use their ever-changing behaviors and preferences to shape our offerings of the best eyewear and services.
The Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day Public Relations activities for Sunglass Hut North America. Based in NYC, this role will report directly to Sunglass Hut Global Public Relations Director.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Global Public Relations Director in all public relations efforts – from day-to-day US Market tasks to broader brainstorming and creating targeted PR plans/influencer strategies
- Coordinate with external agency partners to ensure the SGH PR department is running smoothly and efficiently
- Complete agency tasks such as fulfilling editorial requests (both physically and digitally), providing the agency with necessary tools (images, products, links), event and mailer strategies, influencer seedings, etc.
- Contribute to all influencer activities including research, talent selection and coordination.
- Assist and coordinate between the PR team and global social team sharing timely assets for social initiatives
- Support special projects with license brands
- Provide PR event support and assistance including RSVP lists, invites, product, displays, releases, etc.
- Provide support for PR asset development and media/influencer list maintenance including talking points, quotes, media alerts, trend pitches, etc.
- Produce PR recaps (Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly for all global markets)
- Handle all operational requests and product inventory management
- Assist in budget management and paying invoices
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR, Advertising/Marketing or Journalism
- 1+ years’ experience in related field
- Possess excellent written, verbal and organizational communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt in a fast-paced, sometimes high-pressure environment
- Possess outstanding project-management and strong follow-up skills
- Proven ability to complete time-sensitive tasks under minimal direction
- Ability to travel based on brand needs, events and internal meetings
- Experience with graphic design
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.