Job Coach careers available throughout Oregon at:https://impactoregon.careers/job-search?category=job-coach
You will assist people who experience a developmental or intellectual disability with continuous on-the-job support. You will orient, train, and supervise clients to perform community jobs to the specifications of employers and within the guidelines of the Individual Support Plan. This support may include monitoring client job performance, assisting clients with needed areas of support and improvement, encouraging client integration into the work force and work setting, and assisting onsite supervisors with linking client skills to specific job tasks.
You may be a Job Coach if you…
- Make space to listen and receive experiences and challenges of others in order to find out what they need
- Can teach new skills and concepts with empathy and understanding.
- Display resilience and adaptability when met with barriers
- Enjoy connecting with colleagues and your community to make long lasting relationships
- Can be described as accurate, organized and productive
- Can ensure the safety of others through good judgement and quality care
- Embrace collaboration and commitment to your team and those you serve
- Can handle a good challenge with quality, at times creative, problem solving.