30+ days ago
ELMWOOD PARK, NJ
We are looking for a Specimen Processor (40 hours per week) in our Elmwood Park, NJ location.
Schedule: Saturday 9:00 pm-5:30 am ; Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 11:00 pm-7:30 am
The Specimen Processor must maintain departmental production goals to ensure hourly specimen flow to the labs are consistent. In this role, you will prepare samples for shipping, ensuring they are secure and shipped to the correct laboratory. It will also be your responsibility to handle patient medical records with complete accuracy and confidentiality.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
* Receive, identify, label and process specimens as required for processing. This includes all labeling of specimen containers and any other materials submitted by the client.
* Enter demographics, transcribe and review all specimen data into the laboratory information system.
* Recognize specimen problems and refer to designated personnel.
* Display the ability to learn and understand specimen types related to test(s) ordered by our clients.
* Adheres to core values, safety, compliance policies and procedures.
* Must Maintain production goals to ensure hourly specimen flow to the labs are consistent (minimum 28-35 cases) per hour
* Report malfunctioning workstations to management for HELP tickets.
* Disinfect work station before and after use. Keep work station neat and clean
* Must be able identify requisitions that are continually failing to download and have missing information.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Able to type a minimum of 40 WPM. (A Typing Test will be given)
* Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
* Prior Lab, Processing and Data Entry experience a plus.
* Ability to sit for continuously for 8 hours.
* Responsible for lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling object.
* Work requires contact with specimen requisitions, biohazardous body fluids, and other hazardous chemicals.
* Fast paced and noisy environment that sometimes includes interruptions and distractions.
* OSHA risk factor: Category 1.
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled