Speech Language Pathologist SLP
Pendleton Health and Rehabilitation Center
Evaluate and treat residents and patients with temporary or long-term speech, hearing, swallowing, and cognitive disabilities in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Screen and evaluate Resident and develops appropriate care plan.
- Under a physician’s direction, provides direct patient/resident treatment based on established plan of care.
- Plan, direct, or conduct rehabilitative treatment programs to restore communicative efficiency of individuals with communication and/or swallowing or cognitive problems.
- Administer, scores, and interprets specialized hearing and speech tests.
- Instruct residents, families, and caregivers to monitor speech and provide ways to practice new skills.
- Complete required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Maintain patient records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Devise special tools and treatments for the specific needs of patients.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Master of Science degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Current license in Speech Therapy as required by state law.
- Certification in clinical competency.
- One year clinical experience preferred.
May supervise Rehab Aides, and others involved in program.
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and/or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.