Built-in 1973, Dignity Health Methodist Hospital of Sacramento is committed to providing daily excellence in health care for residents of Sacramento’s southern suburbs, including the Elk Grove, Wilton, and Galt communities. Methodist Hospital is home to a 158 acute-care bed facility with 1,120 employees, 283 medical staff, and 29 Emergency Department beds. Methodist Hospital also owns and operates Bruceville Terrace – a 171-bed, sub-acute skilled nursing long-term care facility adjacent to the hospital that provides care for the elderly, as well as those requiring extended recoveries. Methodist Hospital is home to the Family Medicine Residency Program, an accredited and nationally recognized program which provides resident physicians with specialty training in primary care family medicine. Together, the hospital and residency program implemented a ground-breaking curriculum addressing the identification, treatment, and assistance of human trafficking victims and created a one-of-a-kind health clinic for victims, the Human Trafficking Medical Home.
The incumbent demonstrates competency in speech pathology for pediatric, adult, or geriatric patients as applicable for the site/level of care of employment. The incumbent provides patient assessments, develops and implements individual patient treatment programs, provides therapeutic interventions utilizing current and effective methodologies, and maintains effective documentation.
Core Duties and Accountabilities:
- Evaluations are completed according to department protocol. Completed within 48 hours onceevaluation has been initiated.
- Provides effective and adequate treatment. Implements effective and adequate treatment followingdepartment guidelines. Ongoing assessment of treatment effectiveness. Goals and treatment aremodified as appropriate in relation to working toward goals. Selects appropriate treatmentinterventions. Utilizes specialized techniques. Patient safety is addressed with follow-uprecommended. Recommends/obtains equipment as appropriate. Demonstrates knowledge of theprinciples of growth and development over the lifespan of the patient.
- Patient/family education and training. Addresses patient/family education. Demonstrates a variety ofteaching methods. Methods are appropriate to the level of understanding.
- Complies with department policy regarding documentation. Completed in a timely manneraccording to department policy. Concise, legible, correct grammar using medical terminology andapproved abbreviations. Reflects all interventions used in treatment, all ongoing assessment oftreatment effectiveness, and changes in goals and treatment plan as appropriate. Addresses qualityimprovement indicators per policy. Reflects interdisciplinary teamwork and collaboration. Timecards,productivity logs, billing, and other logs for departmental functions are completed in a timelymanner per department policy.
- Communication & Collaboration with Team/MD: Appropriately communicates treatment plan andpatient status with team and MD with no more than 1 complaint per year. Participates in teamconferences. Addresses verification of payor guidelines/authorizations as needed, in a timelymanner (i.e., prior to scheduling/treating patient or obtaining equipment. Attempts made to contactMD with patient concerns or changes in status in a timely manner. Solicits feedback from MD andcoworkers to improve teamwork and collaboration (or uses unsolicited feedback) with no more than1 valid complaint per year and no more than two complaints of the same nature per year.
- Delegates to and Supervises Others: Delegates to and supervises support staff and students inachieving desired outcomes with no more than 1 complaint per year. Delegates appropriately tosupport staff within licensure and practice standards (i.e., does not over or under utilize supportstaff. Precepts internship student after meeting preceptor qualifications and if requested. Leads byexample by providing necessary and appropriate treatment plan for support. Staff/student toperform treatment. Provides appropriate clinical supervision and feedback to support staff/students.
- Time Management: Complies with department policy for productivity. Demonstrates appropriatetime management needed to meet productivity standard, according to department policy. Initiatesand completes projects within established time frame, in keeping with the productivity standard.Initiates adjustments in the schedules necessary to meet the department productivity standard,
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested in a professional manner.
- Current California Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) license
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) certification
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heat Association
- Previous experience as a speech pathologist.