- Under the supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent and the Assistant Superintendents performs pesticide applications on golf course properties.
- Spray Tech is responsible for appropriately applying all chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers associated with grounds and golf course maintenance.
- Responsible for reading, understanding and keeping current with Safety Data Sheets and pesticide labels; responsible for compiling reports of pesticide usage (spray cards).
- Executes the spray program as directed by the Golf Course Superintendent.
- Maintains application equipment chemical storage and mixing areas in compliance with county, state and federal regulations.
- Perform safe mechanical operation and calibration of application equipment.
- Must be able to safely operate a golf cart.
- Inspect all areas of property to determine pesticide and fertilizer needs.
- Apply pesticides and fertilizers as appropriate to maintain proper condition of golf course and grounds.
- Implement Integrated Pest Management practices.
- Maintain product inventory with appropriate recordkeeping.
- Perform other duties and/or tasks as directed by Management.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must be able and willing to take directions.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and coordinate and complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Must be a self-starter and eager to learn.
- Must be able to recognize and solve problems.
- Must possess time management skills.
- Must maintain high performance standards.
- Knowledge of chemicals; knowledge of insects; turf diseases; grasses and weeds.
- Knowledgeable in the safe mechanical operation and calibration of application equipment.
- Ability to deal effectively and cooperatively with employees, management and members.
- Must be a detail-oriented individual and possess time management skills.
Education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must complete training requirements as specified by the Department of Agriculture.
- Commercial Applicator Restricted Use Pesticide License is required.
- The working knowledge of application equipment and calibration techniques; knowledge of chemicals; knowledge of insects; turf diseases; grasses and weeds.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Minimum 1 year previous spray technician or pesticide application on golf courses.
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs.
Apply on our website at:
Drug Free Workplace