Sr. Azure SQL Database Engineer -Remote
San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for Senior Database architect/developer to jump into our all-Azure cloud environment and work with our team of all senior engineers. If you like to collaborate, enjoy discussing/refining architectures and approaches, and exchange learning with your co-workers, then you’re looking in the right spot. Get ready to work with latest technologies, a great group of people, and a hands-on environment where your ideas are valued.
- Design, develop and deliver/implement data solutions to include: data architecture, prototyping of concepts to proof of concept, schema design, modeling, database development, development of standards, data solution debugging, and testing
- Effectively manage day-to-day tasks/activities in coordination with a team of developers to effectively meet the deliverable and schedule of a data solution component within a larger application project
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development, and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions
- Support and maintain data and database systems to meet business delivery specifications and needs
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to understand business, user, and technical requirements to develop database solutions that meet customer needs
- Create automation for repeatable database tasks and processes
- Debug and troubleshoot data errors
- Database performance analysis and tuning
- Maintain data security and data access controls
- Identify, communicate, and implement database standards and best practices
- Implement, support, and improve backup/restore processes
- Participate in agile ceremonies and processes and complete assigned user stories
- 2+ experience with Azure SQL
- 4+ years experience in creating and supporting ETL processes required.
- 3+ years experience with databases used in high-volume, SaaS-based, web solutions.
- SSRS, SSIS and SSAS experience desired.
- Experience with currently-used data tools desired: DACPAC, SSDT, Redgate, ER/Studio, Power BI.
- Experience with currently-used development tools desired: Azure Devops, Git, Salesforce, MS Dynamics.
- Experience with Azure SQL Data Sync preferred.
- Experience in designing, developing, and supporting data warehouse solutions required.
- Required Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred.