ReCarbon, Inc. is a growing carbon utilization company providing solutions to greenhouse gas emitters and is at the forefront of innovation in greenhouse gas (GHG) recycling. With our patented technology for converting GHG into valuable commodity products, we develop, manufacture, and market systems that use microwave energy to reform GHGs like carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane (CH4) into syngas, hydrogen, and other products.
We are seeking a self-motivated and productive engineer who will contribute to the development and characterization of ReCarbon’s plasma reforming reactor.
If you are interested in working with us to develop technologies to improve the global environment, please send us your resume! It's a fast-paced, friendly, and team-oriented work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, execute and analyze chemical reaction experiments
- Develop and characterize atmospheric microwave plasma reactor
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to operate ReCarbon’s a new plasma reforming process
- Analyze and effectively communicate experimental results
- Work closely with 3rd party contractors and project partners to meet project goals
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS+ degree in chemical engineering or mechanical engineering
- 10+ years of experience in the chemical industry with special attention given to: methane reforming, syngas processing, combustion chemistry, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer.
- Hands-on skills in a laboratory or with chemical plant equipment
- Experience with biogas and/or CO2 utilization processes is preferred
- Experience with atmospheric plasma development is preferred
- Experience with CFD chemistry modeling with Ansys Fluent is preferred
- Experience working in IECEx and ATEX environments is a plus
- Team player: Be able to share knowledge, leading the team, and support other groups
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Travel requirement: Up to 30%
Job Type: Full-time
Education: BS in CE or ME (Required)
- Good health insurance plans (PPO & HMO: medical, dental, vision, LTD, life)
- 401k (Vanguard), Employer Matching
- Stock options
- Free snacks & drinks
- Vacation days & sick days