About the role
The Senior Clinical Infection Prevention Specialist (CIPS) is responsible for providing multiple customer-centered Infection Prevention services and training. The Sr. CIPS will be responsible for customer training on Cantel’s capital equipment as well as deliver Continuing Education programming individually and within larger multi credit programs. The role will also partner with the commercial teams- Key Account Director (KAD), Infection Prevention Consultant (IPC), and Director of Sales (DOS) on strategic territory and customer development, the development of clinical action plans for hospitals and surgery centers within a territory, and providing onsite Process Reviews detailing the endoscopy workflow and compiling data across an Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) to report to IDN leadership on the continuity of care and adherence to applicable reprocessing guidelines across an entity. They will support the efforts of the commercial team by providing clinical expertise, excellent customer service, in-depth knowledge of local territory and best in class training/education. This is a field-based position and does include significant travel within an assigned territory. #CB
What you will do
- Provide education to customers. This includes CE accredited education and product in-service training.
- Analyze a facility’s workflow and process in accordance with standards and guidelines.
- Compile data from multiple facilities to complete a customer facing executive summary and present to IDN/ Hospital leadership.
- Assist in development of educational and/or market support tools for field or in-house use.
- Provide proactive problem solving and timely follow-up of customer issues. Identify and utilize available support resources (i.e., technical services, customer service, and marketing).
- Conduct all in-services and follow up within ten working days to check customer status with new equipment.
- Participate on product development teams by becoming involved in product/ marketing testing. In addition, research and communicate competitive marketplace information for the Marketing Department.
- Maintain documentation of customer interactions utilizing sales tools such as Salesforce.com appropriately.
- Completes required documentation, calendar, expense reports and daily customer activities within specified timeframe.
- Communicate and collaborate proactively with internal and external stakeholders. Actively listen and express ideas to bring about understanding with others. Present complex or sensitive information in a clear and concise manner.
- Proactively identifies and addresses issues before they become bigger problems with limited to no guidance and customer involvement.
- Proactively identifies opportunities and delivers information to the IPC and KAD as appropriate.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to internal or external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Nursing or allied healthcare professional degrees (RN, CGRN, BSN or greater)
- Obtain a minimum of 10 contact hours of GI or IP-specific accredited hours within one fiscal year
- Represent Cantel by attending and/or participating in local/national organizational meetings or events appropriate to responsibilities (SGNA, AORN, IAHCSMM, APIC, AAMI, etc.)
- Active involvement in relevant professional organizations
- Requires approximately 60-80% travel within assigned territory
- Willingness to travel within region with 50-65% overnight and occasional weekends
- Travel requirements will include short notice trips based on customer demand
- Clinical experience in Sterile Processing Dept (SPD), Endoscopy or other hospital departments
- Experience in presenting educational material
- Project management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Organizational skills
- Customer oriented
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Must have above average computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
- Infection Prevention - CIC, Nurse Education
- Experience building and implementing strategic plans for health care stakeholders
- Prior leadership experience a plus
Who we are
At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. As a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, we are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that improve outcomes and help save lives. We accomplish this mission by delivering our products through the following operating units:
Medical: Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. The medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents we manufacture and distribute are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes.
Life Sciences: Water purification systems for dialysis facilities. We work with leading dialysis caregivers, delivering hemodialysis dialyzers and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products.
Dental: Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market (face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants).
Cantel employees are inspired to improve the lives of patients, caregivers and healthcare providers. If you are looking for a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and have the passion to shape the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Join us and see why people love working here.