Sr. Design Release Engineer
Successful candidate will be responsible for the Design Release activities for the charging system, including charging high voltage/low voltage cable, charging system related auxiliary parts, receptacle bracket, retain grommet, etc. Responsible for the Design Release activities for all HV cables, such as power electronics module and high voltage components connections.Support sourcing of these components. Manage the suppliers for these components throughout the design and development.Maintain and update the eBOM and CAD models in SmarTeam for these components.Maintain and update Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) reports and Design Validation Plan and Reports (DVP&R) for the Fuel System and each component.Responsible for other engineering administrative tasks as required to support sourcing, development, testing and pre-production vehicle builds.Work with Powertrain Systems, Engine Controls, Manufacturing, Packaging, and Service Engineers to develop requirements, provide prototype parts, and support system-level testing.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (preferably Mechanical, Electrical).
- MS in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (desired).
- Working knowledge of relevant standards (SAE, ASME, and ISO).
- 5 years' experience in Automotive Powertrain system.
- Proficient in using a 3D computer Aided Design System ( Catia V5, Solidworks, Solid Edge, Auto CAD, or equivalent).
- Strong understanding of hybrid/EV powertrain system.
- Knowledge of a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software such as Smarteam is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com