The Senior Director of Financial Reporting will play a leading role in managing all aspects of our technical accounting and external reporting activities.This is a high visibility role that will collaborate closely with senior leadership across the company and be a key contributor in our continued growth.
- Manage all aspects of technical accounting including drafting accounting policies and related position memos and training of the internal team on policies.
- Direct and review technical accounting research for material and/or complex transactions and provide technical accounting guidance across all functions ensuring compliance with applicable GAAP.
- Assess and document the accounting impact and required disclosures for major corporate events or transactions, including significant contracts, acquisitions, debt and equity offerings and other transactions.
- Work proactively with external auditors to drive timely closure of technical accounting matters to ensure proper accounting and disclosure along with the preparation and review of the accounting memos as appropriate.
- Review preparation of financial statements and disclosures including but not limited to balance sheet, Income statement, equity, income taxes and statement of cash flows. Manage financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders, including regulatory reporting obligations.
- Active involvement in development and implementation of internal control framework and ensure compliance with internal control policies and procedures. Lead the assessment of internal controls and related financial statements impact.
- 12+ years of relevant experience in a fast paced environment with at least 5 years at a Big 4 public accounting firm. SaaS and/or payments industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting with active CPA is a must
- Experience with quarterly SEC filings is required.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and financial reporting, excellent technical accounting skills a must.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent writing skills with demonstrated expertise drafting technical accounting memos.
- Track record of performance in a face-paced, high-pressure environment.