Sr. Director, Reagent Development - Research & Development
Title: Sr. Director, Reagent Development Department: Research & Development
- Location: West of Boston, MA
- Open to candidates that are local or out-of-state (client willing to offer a sign on bonus to cover moving cost)
- Must be able to be on-site.
- Some travel - very limited to Wes Coast and CMO (Contract Manufacturing Organizations)
- Will manage 20 team members
- Must have practical experience (IHC, fluorescent IHC, and/or fluorescent ISH immunoassays) and leadership background
- Must have Immunoassay Reagents experience
- Open to candidates with a Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D.
Sr. Director of Reagent Development, you will lead reagent development activities related to multiplex immunofluorescence assays for spatial biology and digital pathology.
You will work closely with other functional groups to ensure the quality and functionality of the reagents that are supplied to our customers, both internal and external. In this role, you will report to the VP, Research and Development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership and technical direction in defining and achieving reagent and consumable development objectives.
- • Direct reagent development activities: partner with instrument, systems integration, quality, and operations groups to provide high quality products (reagents and consumables), to internal and external customers.
- Ensure that plans are in place and execute accordingly to establish clear performance specifications for incoming and outgoing material; establish analytical and functional tests required for qualifying raw material and finished goods.
- • Direct the formulation and testing of reagents to ensure long-term stability.
- Create an environment of strong team spirit, growth, collaboration, timely and effective communications, decision making, sense of urgency, high motivation, and problem-solving abilities.
- Be an active and visible change agent, promoting flexibility and having an open mindset to new opportunities.
- Establish strategic goals and objectives and maintain full strategic responsibility for the Reagent Development team; inspire the team to achieve short-term and long-term goals.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 10+ years of experience developing life science reagents, preferably immunoassay reagents, for the US, EMEA, and other key markets.
- Track record of successfully managing and growing reagent development teams to deliver innovative products for imaging applications in the life sciences.
- • Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead groups of PhD level scientists, research associates, and lab technicians working on complex projects, to meet project goals and schedules.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with cross-functional, cross-enterprise, and cross-cultural teams.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
About the Company
Yoh is here. Yoh is there. Yoh is virtually everywhere. All in and busy going all out, doing everything it takes to take you where you want to go – forward. How? By foregoing the talent pool in favor of our own sea of talent, helping you find just the right person for the job. And if you think you're that person, we want to talk to you.