At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you are a finance professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Shakopee, Minnesota location, as the Sr. Financial Analyst – Analytical & Detection, you will support the Global Finance Director with primary financial responsibility for the Analytical & Detection worldwide Product Company. You will also work in conjunction with Product Company and World Area finance leadership to measure and analyze Product Company financial performance. AS A SR. FINANCIAL ANALYST, YOU WILL:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Review and analyze monthly financial results for the Analytical & Detection Product Company, including worldwide Orders, Sales and Gross Profit as well as dedicated factory P&Ls and Inventory
- Partner with IT and business systems analysts to create real-time analytical tools and standardized reports providing business leadership key metrics and insight to growth trends and profitability
- Support Global Finance Director in preparation for Analytical Board Meetings, Planning Conferences, and Profit Review
- Perform financial evaluations for new product development, production transfers, and technology acquisition
- Coordinate profit planning process for primary production factories by identifying and prioritizing opportunities for product cost reductions, cost of quality and operational cost improvements, production transfers, job moves and make versus buy decision making
- Review economic evaluation of capital expenditures.
- Analyze intercompany pricing and impacts of price changes.
- Participate in identified projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Provide support to dedicated factory sites for Hyperion Financial Management reporting and adhoc operational analyses
You understand the meaning and implications of key financial indicators. Your use financial analysis to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities. You step up to handle tough issues. You identify and create processes necessary to get work done. You seek ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering. REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum of Four (4) years of related experience
- Legal authorization to work in the United States -
- CPA or CMA preferred
- HFM – Hyperion Financial Management experience preferred
- International experience preferred
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to