At a glance:
- Are you a client-focused instructional designer talented in creating engaging training curricula and programs for company leaders?
- Can you commit to a position developing training programs that establish a foundation for long-term leader development?
- Do you desire an influential role in shaping the progress of a technology leader?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America’s largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise’s industry-leading team of experts work closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.Highlights:
You will focus on leadership development and client expectations by crafting informative and engaging training materials. As the Leadership Instructional Designer, you propel business through the design, development and maintenance of training curricula and programs for positions across the organization. You are passionate about creating a productive training program with responsibilities that include conducting needs assessments, selecting instructional models and designing training content. You continuously update and improve instructional content after consulting with subject matter experts on various topics.
You excel at curating content into a logical progression and teaching experts how to generate and share their own content. You combine your training expertise with your understanding of business needs to ensure that instructional programs are effectively implemented. You promote company growth by facilitating standards for moderately complex instructional design projects. You thrive in an office environment developing and refining training instructions for positions across the organization. You report directly to the Curriculum Development Manager for goals, guidance and assistance.Position benefits:
What you will do:
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
Required keys for success:
- Enhance company-wide business performances through collaboration with senior leadership and subject matter experts to design large-scale, engaging learning programs.
- Achieve business goals by partnering with senior leaders to create clear learning objectives for training programs.
- Boost training participants to new heights through the design and development of high-quality and informative learning materials.
- Ensure learning objectives are being met for each session through regular reviews of training materials.
- Continuously improve training materials by maintaining current knowledge of the latest industry tools and processes.
- Support the success of learning projects by actively participating or facilitating in-person or virtual meetings, to include train-the-trainer sessions.
- Drive the development of training content projects by maintaining an accurate status of projects, milestones and tasks using the team project tracking tool.
- Mitigate training project risks through a detailed diagnosis and escalation of issues to appropriate Learning and Development leaders and stakeholders.
- Determine performance and training needs of teams by partnering with internal clients and designing and developing comprehensive learning solutions that incorporate multiple deliverables.
- Create an impactful eLearning process by managing all functions of design, to include storyboarding, scripting, assessment and multi-media inclusion
- Demonstrate the impact of training initiatives to senior leadership by drafting and implementing evaluation plans and metrics.
- Develop excellence in all staff by serving as a team mentor and modeling quality standards and ongoing improvements in team processes, standards and all aspects of learning design.
- Design and implement engaging and informative training programs that reflect an understanding of the diversity of learners using a variety of media formats.
- Maximize cost effectiveness and quality through detailed management of external resources.
- Promote collaboration, partnerships and relationships among participants of a project by applying business skills to manage instructional design.
- Develop partner relationships with subject matter experts and stakeholders to ensure that training meets expectations beyond initial implementation.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as assigned.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Three or more years of project management experience.
- Four or more years of instructional design and development experience.
- Solid critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and organize information.
- History of interacting with the public in a professional manner.
- Expert in leveraging advanced and emerging digital learning tools, delivery methods and platforms.
- Knowledgeable of multimedia curriculum development, graphic design, video editing and animation.
- Track record of selecting the most effective tools, delivery methods and platforms based on internal client needs.
- Proven ability to train and advise internal and external partners on the use and selection of designated technology.
- Ability to develop technical skills to increase personal capabilities, speed and quality of learning interactions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
- Design/development of leadership development strategies, plans, and content.
- Explain the knowledge and skills recommended for effective leadership.
- Evaluate the current knowledge and skills of leaders and recommend learning paths for improvement.
- Track and report how leadership development programs benefit both the participants and the company.
- Sound consulting skills with a client group.
- Experience managing project tasks, risks and timelines.
- Proficient with developing multiple projects within a program simultaneously.
- Business acumen and experience related to the telecommunications industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, adult learning or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Certification in instructional design, instructional technology or a related field (preferred).
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.