Sr. Product Designer
For more than 20 years, Experts Exchange has been the leading authority and online provider of technology solutions and IT career growth. We specialize in solving problems, facilitating industry collaboration with the most brilliant IT minds globally, and nurturing IT professionals career growth. This role is designed to help us define and drive the next generation of what our product looks like. Working with Product, Engineering, and Community teams, you will help us create a world-class experience for our community on mobile devices and other screens.
About Our Culture:
Experts Exchange enjoys a healthy culture oriented around the following core values:
- Team First – We prioritize collective ambition. We value team results.
- Humble Intelligence – We are confident in our abilities. We quietly excel.
- Continuous Excellence – We are compelled to search for a better way. We are ambitious.
- Collaborative Challenge – We push each other to work smarter. We provoke thought.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering teams to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Collaborate closely with Product Leadership to define features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Partner with engineering to ensure that our implementation and user experience are of high-quality.
- Build and iterate on features that drive an understanding of our Community and how our product delivers value to our members.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other UX/UI designers and teammates in your product team.
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Business Development and Director of Community to inform and improve our design processes.
- Foster connections across the organization to ensure cohesion and consistency throughout the user experience.
To Be Successful in this Role
- 3+ years of experience in an individual contributor role, Designing for desktop or mobile.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation.
- Being able to deal with ambiguous, complex design problems that require simplification and streamlining.
- Experience with creating and maintaining design systems and Figma.
- Solid understanding of building usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale to millions of users.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bonus: Technical background and working knowledge of developer tools.