About the role
This position manages the assigned product categories on a worldwide basis to ensure continued growth, profitability, and favor among dental professionals. This includes strategic planning, in depth product knowledge, product planning, competitive product comparison, new product development, thought leader development, seminar/study club planning and support, sales training, and sales planning with key distribution partners. The primary role of this individual will be to plan and implement a field strategy for assigned products. The Product Manager, in coordination with the entire team, will define strategic direction of the business unit and implement the tactical plans. #CB
What you will do
- Define strategic direction and create the strategic business unit plan in coordination with the SBU leader.*
- Strong knowledge and experience with marketing fundamentals.*
- Develop and implement an in field plan of driving the business (to include the following but not limited to thought leader strategy, seminar strategy, study club strategy, new product development.)
- Responsible for tactical sales plans, product expansion, support programs, interacting with and supporting/training the sales team.*
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the production process for products in assigned groups; with special emphasis on end users, lead-time, cost drivers, and margins.*
- Strategically build relationships with key thought leaders, co-marketing agreements, or potential alliance partners designed to increase and expand HuFriedyGroup product offering and market penetration.*
- Participate in the creation of annual and long-term strategic plans and be the driver of initiatives to meet the plan objectives.
- Participate in business development discussions with potential industry partners and suppliers to expand both the product line and market penetration.
- Participates in development of marketing strategies.
- Responsible for creating and implementing training programs with end users, sales team, and dealer partners and internal support departments.
- Lead new product development initiatives including test market evaluations, managing design control process and launch plan activities.*
- Develop with the communications team tactical promotion plans, ensure pricing guideline, compliance, follow-up implementation of promotions, and report measurement of results.
- Create educational tools for end users, dealer partners and internal sales team.
- Develop/increase knowledge of the HuFriedyGroup dealer distribution channel, the business practices of dealer management, dealer inventory management, dealer promotion strategy and the fit of HuFriedyGroup products in their business plans.*
- Implement global product launches and projects of global scope.*
- Develop and manage relationship with specialty dealers in the field, including account planning and management, thought leader development and new product identification.
- Develop/increase knowledge of HuFriedyGroup worldwide schools related to market segment. This includes knowing influential educators and their desired product attributes leading to purchase. Also includes lecturer support, product evaluations, etc.*
- Develop and foster relationships with partners within the HuFriedyGroup International Organization to pro-actively solicit and include feedback in both Product and Marketing development. Actively follow a process of best practice idea exchanges.
- Answer product or sales questions that cannot be addressed by Customer Service. Help ensure that information needed for Customer Service to answer questions is available on systems that meet the requirements of the user.
- Have and share comprehensive technical knowledge of competitive products and their pricing/promotions.*
- Implement annual price review process, price change data input and implementation as well as lead production of price list material (as assigned).*
- Create and maintain competitive product cross-references and portfolio analyses.
- Support catalog update and copy revision.
- Write/edit copy for sales aids, training materials and all other written material associated with HuFriedyGroup products.
- Write basic copy for monthly reports and submit to SBU leaders for consolidation and publication.
- Know and follow ISO/CE requirements.
- Develop/increase depth of knowledge of HuFriedyGroup operation systems (order entry, production, and distribution information systems).
What we are looking for
This position requires an individual with:
- A minimum of seven years experience with solid marketing/sales or related business (dental or medical) with a dealer distribution channel and management/leadership role
- International business experience
- Comprehensive dental product knowledge; mentors others
- Four year college degree in marketing or equivalent experience in product marketing/sales within a distribution channel business. MBA preferred, or equivalent strong business and financial acumen
- “Out of box” thinking that regularly demonstrates creativity, capitalizing on strategic product line (business) opportunities
- An entrepreneurial spirit, and a "hands-on," "roll-up-your-sleeves" work ethic
- Ability manage cross functional teams
- Independent decision making, can run 90% of work independently
- Present and determine projects
- Generate and manage new ideas (ideas leadership)
- Identify, develop, and manage alliances to grow current revenue
- Acquisition know how – support integration of acquisition
- Consistently demonstrate strategic thinking for current business opportunities
- Develop global external relationships; e.g. Thought Leaders, Dental Industry
- Independently/collaboratively leads multiple major projects
- Demonstrates global capabilities and cultural savvy towards business outcomes
- Organizational savvy
- Strong assessment and analysis skills in developing solutions to everyday issues.
- Contribute to “out of box” thinking that capitalizes on strategic business opportunities
- Experience managing people and mentoring to develop of others
- Able to minimum KSA’s listed for product Manager. (See PM job description)
* Duties and responsibilities considered to be essential functions of the position.**EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Who we are
HuFriedyGroup is the dental industry leader in infection prevention solutions, premium instrumentation, and service and support programs that help dental professionals be the best in practice. As the dental division of Cantel, HuFriedyGroup encompasses a vast array of brands and products, integrated together to deliver full service and support – a complete circle of protection – to dental practices around the globe. We are dedicated to employee engagement and development, diversity and inclusion, wellness, and social responsibility. Our core values and well-defined culture are evident in daily life at HuFriedyGroup and continue to shape the success of our business.