Evoqua has the strength of a major global business while embracing the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. Our innovative products have been solving the world's water problems for more than 100 years. Today, we are building on that strong history of success - transforming water for our customers enriching the lives of consumers.
Evoqua's unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and services helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean water, and equips the leisure and commercial industries to maximize productivity and profitability. Every day, millions of people and thousands of companies rely on Evoqua Water Technologies to help meet their needs for clean water.
What does it mean to work here. . .
Our Mindset: We put customers first. We know we succeed only when our customers succeed. To that end, we make decisions at lowest possible levels, at fastest possible speeds - freeing employees to respond to customers quickly and effectively without sacrificing safety or quality.
Our organization: We work as "One Evoqua". We collaborate across our global enterprise. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, no single product, group or unit succeeds on their own, no matter how remarkable they are. We are one team.
Our People: We hire for brains and heart. We are industry experts who foster great relationships with colleagues and customers. We value technical knowledge and experience, alongside business insight and people smarts. We nurture both the hard and soft skills of our talent.
Our Leadership: We lead from where we are. We take ownership. We lead from all levels. We value the opportunity to grow, as a business and as people. We hold each other accountable to make the right things happen for maximum performance.
Our promise: Grow with the Best. We grow with the best. We are on the move. As the world's first choice for water solutions, our workplace will continue to evolve and expand, and so will the opportunities. This is a workplace that nourishes talented people. Immerse yourself . . . in Evoqua.
Apply today to join our 4000 professionals around the world as we pursue our purpose: Transforming Water. Enriching Life.
Product Manager, AFS Intake & Dewatering
Evoqua Water Technologies is currently searching for a Product Manager to support our Intake and Dewatering product lines within the Advanced Filtration and Separations Division. The Product Manager will play a central role in managing the long-term vision and global strategy for these businesses including product portfolio development and management and M&A activity. POSITION SUMMARY
The AFS Intake & Dewatering Product Manager is responsible for managing their assigned product lines from conceptual stages through the entire product life cycle by developing global product strategies, organic growth and maintenance initiatives to achieve ongoing product revenue, gross margin, and EBITDA goals. This involves the planning, organizing, and control of product line activities by working directly with various stakeholders including General Managers, Commercial/Sales teams, Marketing Communications (MarCom), Procurement, Manufacturing, Engineering and Central R&D. Product Managers are charged with optimizing profit while managing marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives for all regions of the world, all applicable markets, and all sales channels related to assigned product lines. Key areas of responsibility include market/customer analysis, product development, project management, rationalization, enhancement, cost, price, commercial support, engineering/manufacturing guidance, and positioning. Responsibilities include:
- Defines initiatives for product growth and margin improvement to achieve defined product revenue and profitability leveraging product, technology and commercial strategies. Maintain accountability for driving implementation, managing and/or supporting project teams
- Takes prides in ownership for the successful implementation and execution of initiatives, strategies and plans through cross-functional partnership with key stakeholders
- Through on-going customer and marketplace interaction, define and document customer requirements for new products, as well as desired changes/enhancements for existing products. Translates customer needs into technical requirements that leads R&D and engineering in developing a respective product offering. Builds consensus and drives execution of product strategy
- Works with sourcing and manufacturing to ensure maximum profitability
- Creates and oversees commercial product initiatives execution utilizing the EIP and Stage Gate process and documents
- Drives both technical and commercial innovation, continuously driving for product differentiation to drive profitability
- Understands competitor portfolio and strengths/weaknesses, developing strategies to capture market share
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's in Marketing, Engineering, Business or related degree required
- MBA from a top-tier competitive program highly preferred
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically. Must have experience creating a plan, gaining buy-in and commitment and seeing the project through to successful completion and results
- Ability to influence the actions and decision making of others with proven leadership, ownership, and collaboration skills in cross-functional product development and commercial environments
- Entrepreneurial spirit with proven ability to be creative, think differently and work outside standard practices to influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong commercial acumen; excellent marketing, pricing, competitive analysis, and sales planning experience
- Financial planning, STRAP planning and multi-year strategy experience
- Demonstrated success identifying new marketing and offerings then building and gaining approval for a business case and ultimately taking that through the full phase gate management process to successful launch into a target market
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a product management role with a company recognized for Marketing excellence including a reputation for a robust innovation, customer-first and "phase gate" culture
- Field Sales experience, with responsibility for an assigned territory and quota, time and territory planning, assigned metric achievement and participation in a variable compensation
- Experience directly managing a P&L
- Management experience with ownership of a team, including source and select, performance management, career development and leadership/ team building
- Knowledge of cross-functional operations and how functions work together to deliver on customer needs
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills - comfortable presenting to small/medium groups including Executive management
- Knowledge of project management best practices, methods and software/tools
- Significant experience building and conducting field-based voice of customer (VOC) research used in identifying, validating and launching new offerings
- Global citizen with significant experience personally and professionally living and working in another country/ region and global responsibility. Multi-lingual desired
- Technical background, with experience in the water industry preferred
- Ability to build connection to the customer. The ideal candidate will be highly customer-focused, with proven ability and technical acumen to understand market, technology and business trends.
- Demonstrates ability to build strong relationships with customers and keeps them at the center of all product development and R&D initiatives.
- Project Leadership. Possesses highly defined project management skills and ability to work cross-functionally in a highly matrixed organization. This person will have demonstrated ability to work with R&D/engineering teams and have experience guiding projects through stage/phase-gate processes.
- Demonstrated Track Record of Successful Execution and Drive for Results. A proven track record of getting things done quickly and successfully. Evidence of turning strategies into action and successful, measurable results. A history of being active across an enterprise, including working closely with Manufacturing, R&D and Engineering functions.
- Must be able to travel regularly approximately 25-50% of the time. This may include corporate travel, to conduct or receive training, field-based observation and learning with customers and Evoqua employees as well as trade show or industry events and participation in special projects or initiatives, among others
- Strong computer skills generally, Microsoft Office suite specifically V look-ups, Macros and Pivot tables
- The ability to leverage technology, tools, reports and third parties for research and analysis
- Strong financial acumen and basic accounting principles
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be results-driven and tenacious
- Familiarity with primary rules/ principles of statistics and related tools that support producing, conducting and evaluating market research and analysis
- Familiarity with SAP
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project and ThinkCell
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is the Law - Poster (PDF) Evoqua does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from search firms.Nearest Major Market:
Lowell Nearest Secondary Market:
Evoqua Water Technologies is the global leader in helping municipalities and industrial customers protect and improve the world’s most fundamental natural resource: water.
Evoqua has a more than 100-year heritage of innovation and industry firsts, market-leading expertise, and unmatched customer service, where it continues to transform water and wastewater. Its cost-effective and reliable treatment systems and services ensure uninterrupted quantity and quality of water, enable regulatory and environmental compliance, increase efficiency through water reuse, and prepare customers for next-generation demands. Evoqua’s unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and service helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean water, and enable leisure and commercial industry to maximize productivity and profitability.
Who we serve: Evoqua serves a wide range of industrial markets including: food and beverage, chemical processing, hydrocarbon processing, life sciences, marine, microelectronics, mining, oil and gas, and power. The company also serves the municipal water and wastewater market and provides support to more than 200,000 installations worldwide.
Service is at our core. We offer reliable and responsive services backed by knowledgeable water experts and the water industry’s most extensive service network. Our service technicians can reach 85% of the US and CA population in under two hours. That means Evoqua can make issues go away quickly.
Innovation is part of our DNA dating back more than 100 years when one of the founders of one of our businesses -- Wallace & Tiernan -- invented the process to disinfect drinking water using chlorine and filtration. Life Magazine later cited the invention as 'probably the most significant public health advancement of the millennium' for helping to save countless lives. We continue to innovate for our customers every day.