Sr. Software Developer
Our client in the greater Austin area is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join their BuildOS Software Reliability Engineering team. Software plays an essential role in a mission to revolutionize the industry through automation, and the BuildOS team provides this industry-disrupting software.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Identifying common patterns and reifying them into shared frameworks and services
- Directing strategic investment in an architectural runway that accelerates application development
- Building a Machine Data Pipeline capable of handling terabytes of machine telemetry data
- Providing a deployment and service management system supporting operator sites worldwide (and someday, off-world)
- Working collaboratively to curate code style guides, architectural best practices, and SDLC protocols
5+ years experience as a software engineer
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Experience building platforms, micro-services, and APIs
Managing and mentoring other technical team members on ambitious projects
An open mind to try solutions that may seem impossible at first, a solid willingness to accept failure, learn and try again
Passion for learning new disciplines and gaining a deep understanding of how other professionals do their work
Excellent communication skills in-person and written communication
Hands-on experience in multiple languages such as Elixir, Node.js, Python, Ruby, or Golang
Experience managing both RDBMS and No-SQL Databases
Experience consuming and providing complex API surface areas using GraphQL, gRPC, or REST
DevOps/DevSecOps -- Build automation, GitOps, Infrastructure As Code, Hybrid Cloud deployments, Application Performance Monitoring, and Information Security
Applied expertise in SOLID design principles
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- nodeJS (5 years of experience is required)
- Elixir (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Python (5 years of experience is preferred)
- GraphQL (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
About the Company
Randstad was founded in 1960 by Frits Goldschmeding. We've never let go of his passion or the values that he established. By staying true to those fundamentals, we've expanded to represent more than 90 percent of the HR services market.
We provide outsourcing, staffing, consulting and workforce solutions within the areas of engineering, accounting and finance, healthcare, human resources, IT, legal, life sciences, manufacturing and logistics, office and administration and sales and marketing. We can’t wait to tell you all about it.
Our mission is to be a world leader in matching demand for, and supply of, labor and HR services. We believe in the value of work as a unifying force that shapes society for the better. We live by the core values established early in our company's history: to know, serve and trust, striving for perfection and simultaneous promotion of all interests.