Sr Telecommunications Engineer
Senior Network Engineer – On behalf of our client, Procom Services is looking for a Senior Network Engineer for a 12 month contract with possible extension(s).
Senior Network Engineer Job Details
- Works in an enterprise IT environment with specific tasks related to network security, firewalls administration, access and perimeter control, vulnerability management, intrusion detection and security monitoring.
- Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
- Performs network operation for LAN, WAN connectivity.
- Participates in the ongoing support, and maintenance of existing WAN and LAN in the DC infrastructure.
- Works independently
- Recommends best practices to improve processes or services ·
Senior Network Engineer Mandatory Skills
- 5+ years of experience with data network (LAN/WAN/WLAN) administration experience in a Cisco environment implementing, monitoring and maintaining interconnected networks
- Cisco Certifications like CCNP, CCIE in Routing and Switching are desirable.
- Must have working knowledge on following product areas:
- CISCO Catalyst 2960/3850/4500-X L2/L3 switch platform
- Cisco Firewall ASA 5500-X and Firepower 4xxx series
- Cisco Meraki MS/MX switches
- Cisco ISE / Forescout NAC
- Experienced in or willingness to learn and become proficient with SilverPeak SDWAN environment
- Strong working knowledge on IPSEC, AnyConnect VPN, SSL VPN
- Excellent working knowledge on TACACS & RADIUS concepts and products like ISE, Forescout NAC
- Strong Working Knowledge of Routing Protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, Static Routing)
- Excellent understanding of Citrix Netscaler, Nexus Switches – Fabric Paths, OTV etc.
- Experienced in configuring and troubleshooting WAN technologies and routing protocols (TCP/IP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q, Spanning-Tree,OSPF & BGP Routing, QoS and VoIP)
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting IPSEC and SSL VPN
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco ASA and Palo Alto FW
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting VRF’s multi-tenant environments
- Experience in configuring Route Leaking, Route redistribution, prefix and distribution lists
- Must have experience reviewing Ethernet packet captures (e.g. tcpdump, Ethereal, Wireshark), studying network traffic flows and reading interface statistics to identify network connectivity and performance problems affecting IP communications.
- Experience with 802.11 wireless, 802.1x, and Network Access Control (NAC) is required
- Demonstrated self-initiative and be able to operate without supervision as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with customers and team members. A positive attitude is required.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and assignments
- Strong organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Ability to be assigned a project/task and meet deadlines
- Must have strong time management, multi-tasking, organization and administrative skills and must be highly proficient with Visio, Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to be self-taught through research, be innovative and be a team-player
- Good product knowledge of Palo Alto Firewalls is desirable
- Strong working experience in Data Center Migration, Upgradation and refresh activity.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, network protocols and packet analysis ·
- Configuring and troubleshooting stateful and multi context firewall like Cisco ASA and Firepower Proficient in collaboration with 3rd party suppliers and partners ·
- Good communication and documentation skills like Visio etc.
- Good knowledge in ITIL process and can work align with ITIL framework.
- Required to monitor email and respond quickly during and after normal business hours
- Expected to proactively take ownership of networking related incidents and projects without having to be specifically directed
- Expected to escalate to manager when deadlines will be missed, or project/task is not going to be completed
- Stays abreast of technology by seeking information from team members, reading, and other forms of self-improvement/learning
- Experienced in Cisco router and switch configuration and troubleshooting using a variety of hardware platforms and IOS revisions
- Experience in SDWAN configuration and troubleshooting using a variety of hardware platforms
- Experienced in working directly at the command line interface (CLI) of switches, routers, firewalls and various network devices and telecommunications equipment
- Should be able to work under pressure as individual and during critical activity or P1/P2 issues.
Senior Network Engineer Start Date and Location
- April 2021
- Houston, TX
Senior Network Engineer Assignment Length
- 12 months with possible extension(s)