Sr. Video Editor & Motion Graphics Artist
The Pokémon Company International
Bellevue, Washington, United States, WA
Sr. Video Editor & Motion Graphics Artist
The Sr. Video Editor & Motion Graphics Artist will be responsible for editing original and derivative content including pre-recorded and livestreamed programming. They will be responsible for motion graphics, color correction, sound editing and mixing, localization, formatting and compression and delivery to Pokémon’s digital and social media channels, media outlets and at various consumer and trade events. The video editor will be an excellent storyteller with a proven track record in motion design, video editing and animation. This position sits under the media production team and will work on video editorial projects for both the video editorial and live action video production projects.
What You Will Do
- Create videos from scripting and storyboarding through editing including creation of motion graphics, animation, sound editing and mixing, formatting and compression
- Request translations, localize videos into 5+ languages and deliver for international distribution
- Work with stakeholders to gather project requirements and review progress at all stages from pre-production through delivery
- Acquire and utilize game / animation footage, b-roll, screenshots, illustrations, sound-editing, voice-over and music to complete videos of the highest quality
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize tasks and assignments
- Work with stakeholders to brainstorm and conceptualize concepts for videos
- Work closely with producers and department management to establish show identity as needed and ensure work aligns with established brand / show identity and editorial guidelines
- Animate, design, and illustrate compelling motion graphics for a wide range of projects
- Create animated brand logos, motion graphics packages and sizzle reels
- Maintain post-production equipment for both in-office and in-the-field usage; edit bay, media archive and backups
- Manage media storage and organization of raw materials and archiving of final projects
You Will Bring
- 5+ years of high-end professional editorial and motion graphics experience.
- Knowledge of current video, motion graphics, design, campaign, and technology trends.
- Video and audio editing experience with the Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop)
- Advanced motion graphics skills and a strong visual aesthetic
- Experience with HD video editing, compositing and keying
- Experience facilitating and quickly integrating feedback from multiple marketing experts, project stakeholders and upper management
- Meticulous project organization and attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Pokémon brand is a plus
- Major entertainment video editorial experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of 3D animation suites such as Maya, Cinema 4D, Blender is a plus
- Physical production experience on location or in studio is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Video Production, Animation, Motion Graphics Multimedia Design or equivalent experience
How You Will Be Successful
- Creativity and Vision: You bring a strong, fresh aesthetic and can create amazing content that represents the Pokémon brand, connects with our fans and supports the Pokémon business.
- Communication: You can articulate your vision in a way that excites and motivates stakeholders.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve tasks with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to the process. You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to accomplishing your work.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together.
- Collaborative & Team-Oriented: You thrive on working with others and synthesizing sometimes conflicting or ambiguous input into engaging content.
- Results-Driven: Working toward goals and the success of the team gets you out of bed in the morning.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Early morning hours (approximately 8am start) will be required occasionally to facilitate meetings with European time zones. Travel between office locations internationally will be required on occasion, less than 5% of the time.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.