Staff Accountant II
East Akron Neighborhood Dev Corp
Position Title: Staff Accountant II Reports to: Director of Finance
EANDC is searching for a high-energy, forward thinking CPA or CPA candidate, with advanced skills to work with the Director of Finance. The full-time Staff Accountant II will assist in planning, implementation, and supervision of organizational policies for preparing financial statements in accordance with the industry standards. Day to day operational tasks are also required. Key tasks include: assisting with annual audits, data collection, reporting to funders, required reports to Director of Finance and assisting staff to perform all positional tasks and stay up to date on financial industry technology trends for small business and midsized non-profits. Occasionally this position will report on special projects to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid sick-time, vacation, and holidays
- Maintain, update and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each organizational department.
- Assist in company-wide budgetary planning.
- Ensure that all the company's financial practices are in line with industry standards and current GAAP regulations.
- Assist in review and updating internal controls.
- Calculate Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Participate and contribute to organizational strategic financial planning.
- Adhere to Finance Department policy manual.
- Assist and support cash flow management
- Prepare and oversee financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Support Director of Finance with special projects.
- Work with organization’s external auditors throughout accounting year.
- Create and maintain relationships with organization staff.
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions.
- Assist with review and analysis of all human resource related functions.
- Assist with payroll processing.
- Ensure that all financial policies and procedures are being followed with regularity and accuracy.
- Deliver monthly financial statements and other related reports to Director of Finance within 5 days of month end close for Corporate, and 15 days for other entities.
- Ensure all financial statements and other reports are completed with accuracy.
- Ensure deadlines for reporting are met.
- Assist the Director of Finance in the implementation and supervision of policies and procedures that improve the operations of the department.
- All work will be performed according to the organization’s policies, standards, core values and in the spirit of the organization’s mission and vision statements.
- All work will be orchestrated and quantified when appropriate.
- All telephone calls, both internal and external will be returned within two hours whenever possible, and within one business day at the latest.
- All proprietary company information will be held as strictly confidential outside the organization.
- Immediate manager will be notified of any issues that cannot be resolved, or deadlines that cannot be met, within a reasonable time frame, and before the deadline has arrived.
- The organization’s dress code will always be followed.
- Assist organizational leadership with any tasks related to the financial support and development of the organization as needed.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive finance/accounting experience is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of management/supervisory experience is preferred.
- Bachelors in accounting, finance or related field required, working towards CPA is preferred.
- The best candidate will be capable of using technology to embrace and advance the daily changes needed to lead the operations of the largest provider of affordable housing in Metropolitan Akron, Ohio.
- Experience with programs like Sales Force, Buildium and Quickbooks Enterprise version is preferred.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirement to Todd Bragg via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address your cover letter to the attention of Kelly Barr, Chief Financial Officer.