Staff Environmental Scientist / Engineer / Geologist
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
30+ days ago
TRC is a national environmental, engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
We are seeking a highly motivated Junior-level Environmental/Civil Engineer/Geologist/Scientist to join our growing Environmental Engineering, Construction and Remediation practice in San Francisco, California.
The responsibilities and required skills:
* Work with Sr. Project Managers to scope, cost, plan, and execute environmental investigation and remediation projects
* Develop work plans and health & safety plans, coordinate with agencies, subcontractors and clients to execute projects
* Perform field investigations that include site reconnaissance; soil, soil-vapor, and groundwater investigations; drilling, trenching, and excavation work; stormwater inspection and monitoring
* Collect multimedia samples (air, water, soil, soil-vapor) for field and laboratory testing
* Record and interpret data, coordinate analyses, compare findings to relevant studies, screening levels, and local, State and Federal regulations to ensure compliance
* Prepare Phase I and II investigation summary and site closure reports for submittal to agencies
* Ability to work independently or in a project team with demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications, presentations, analytical, professional judgment, and team building skills;
* Bachelor's degree in relevant scientific discipline (e.g., environmental science, soil science, geology, civil, or chemical engineering)
* 1-3 years of environmental consulting experience (preferred)
* Knowledge of environmental data collection, identification, investigation, and data entry
* Requires up to 40% travel
* OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, including current annual refresher (preferred)
* Working knowledge of health and safety practices and quality management
* Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and conversant with Microsoft Project or equivalent project scheduling packages
* Able to grasp scientific concepts and apply them to different technical challenges in a principally self-directed manner with changing deadlines for various project needs
* Experience with geologic field data collection methods, including soil/rock logging, soil sampling, and geologic drilling methods
* Ability to learn through on-the-job experience
* Valid driver’s license required
* Must have ability to work in ambient environments for extended periods of time
* Ability to regularly travel, hours may vary, typically up to six hours for assignments lasting up to a week, or more, on a regular basis
* Must have ability to lift 25 pounds.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled