NewFields Mining & Energy Services, LLC
Garden City, ID
The Staff Geologist will be responsible for designing, directing, and/or conducting field investigations related to environmental sample collection. This position primarily supports efforts to remediate Brownfields sites in the northwest United States, the upstream oil and gas exploration and production (E&P) industry operating at various locations in the United States, and the mining industry operating internationally. This position requires superior written and verbal communication skills to effectively interface with staff personnel, regulatory agencies, clients, and vendors.
NewFields is an environmental science, engineering, and consulting firm that specializes in developing and deploying knowledge management and information technologies that seek solutions for our clients. We provide our clients with access to a world-wide network of recognized experts and professionals in data analytics, social and health impact, environmental sciences and permitting, remediation design, extractive resource design, construction and program management, and litigation support. Our talented staff is a diverse group of accomplished individuals, most of whom are senior level engineers, scientists, and specialists who offer their client base both practical and strategic solutions to obtaining resources needed by society while protecting, preserving, and restoring the environment.
Employment Status: Full-time
Job Location: Boise, ID
Compensation: $40-55K; BOE
Education Requirement: A Bachelor’s degree in earth, engineering, environmental sciences or related field; a Master’s degree is preferred.
Experience Requirement: A minimum of at least one year of field experience is required.
Training Requirement: OSHA HAZWOPER and MSHA Surface Miner is preferred but not required.
Equipment Requirement: Familiarity and experience with field equipment used to sample various environmental media, and drill and direct-push rigs used in the installation of monitoring wells is preferred.
Software: Position requires applicant to have working knowledge of Microsoft Office© software including Microsoft Access. Working knowledge of GIS and field data collection software is advantageous.
Required Travel: Travel to project sites located in Montana and elsewhere both domestic and international.
Job Location: Boise, Idaho
Physical Demands: Field assignments are located in a variety of climactic conditions including difficult and diverse climates. Position requires standing, walking, repetitive arm and leg motion, squatting, bending, and lifting up to 40 lbs. for extended hours. Position requires use of hand tools and equipment without causing bodily harm. This position may also require extended periods of sitting when compiling reports and compiling data.
- Design, direct, and/or conduct field investigations related to environmental sample collection that may include soil, groundwater, surface water, geological, and air resources as well as vegetation.
- Conduct storm water inspections pursuant to state/national permit requirements and other environmental compliance inspections, reviews and/or audits.
- Collect waste material samples that could include influent to disposal/injection wells.
- Oversee and execute remedial actions to address soil, water, air, or vegetation contaminated from organic and/or inorganic compounds and/or evaluating properties for potential contamination under ASTM guidelines.
- Complete Phase I and II environmental site assessments under ASTM guidelines.
- Analyze collected environmental data and compile reports including data assessment and evaluation in original text.
- Prepare summaries or reports on results for field investigations or inspections.
- Assist in the evaluation and tabulation of data and providing accurate and original text and interpretation of data to supervisor.
- Participation in team based project work resulting in client satisfaction and the on-time completion of high quality technical work product.
NewFields believes that in order to attract and retain the best and brightest employees, we need to offer an outstanding benefits package. We provide paid vacation, sick and parental leave, along with paid holidays.
- Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k and Roth
- 401(k) Match
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Life / Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Long Term Care
- Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Income Protection
- Supplemental Long-Term Care Insurance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
NewFields is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identify or protected veteran status