We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to be a key contributor developing cloud-based services that will drive the future of the business in financial management.
- Staff Software Engineer is a technical hands-on role, with responsibilities ranging from being at the vanguard of solving technical problems to venturing into unchartered areas of technologies to solve complex problems.
- Directly responsible for consistently delivering scalable, production-ready back-end/server code in Java for Quicken Cloud Services, from design and development to deployment, as a member of an Agile development team.
- Display a passion for high quality, continuous learning, and experimenting and applying cutting-edge technology, software paradigms, and engineering process improvements, while fostering this culture across the team.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, including a successful track record developing customer-facing SaaS/PaaS products.
- 5+ years working experience in core Java and Spring Framework, preferably with Spring Cloud Netflix.
- 3+ years working experience within microservice architecture, specifically utilizing REST services, XML, and JSON.
- Extensive experience in developing applications which are deployed in AWS.
- Excellent understanding of O/R mapping concepts and tools (Hibernate, JPA).
- Strong experience as a leader, driving toward solutions for the short and long term in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Fluent in Databases/SQL (MySQL experience preferred).
- Excellent programming discipline: data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, and unit testing.
- Excellent knowledge of the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web/mobile applications.
- Team player with can-do attitude to independently own and drive projects.
- Capable of handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritization and time management abilities.
- Strong experience working with an Agile development team with rapid iterations.
- Ability to work well with others in a geographically distributed team.
- Experience with API development and integration with 3rd-party services is preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
Submit resume to jobs@OSIengineering.com