Staff Physical Therapy Assistant
Decatur, IL, US
23 days ago
Works with the licensed Physical Therapist in providing rehabilitation services, to patients of all ages, to attain maximum patient outcomes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good knowledge of the standard practices, equipment and rules relating to word processing, written and oral communications.
- Working knowledge and application of the basic rules of grammar, punctuation, spelling, paragraphing, etc., required for clear oral and written communication.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Actively looks for ways to help people.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Ability to communicate with clear and concise written and verbal skills to physicians, consultants, and Rehabilitation team members.
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Good knowledge of Human anatomy, physiology, and pathology.
Two years' schooling for approved Physical Therapy Assistant. Licensed or license pending in the State of Illinois and without previous disciplinary action in Illinois or another State. Current CPR card.
This position is performed within an environment of occasional exposure to environmental variations, above-normal noise-level, and/or unpleasant substances and limited exposure to hazardous or potentially injurious elements or conditions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, bend and reach.
- The employee will frequently be required to lift, push and pull weight of at least 5 to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work under stress and adapt to changing conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
- Under the direction of the Physical Therapist, follows treatment program for patients of all ages.
- Maintains appointment schedules.
- Instructs patients and families in home program.
- Communicates and collaborates with evaluating therapist and others providing service.
- Implements treatment plan or care based on patient specific goals.
- Advances treatment plan of care in collaboration with evaluating Physical Therapist.
- Meets departmental standards and insurance guidelines for documentation of care.
- Daily notes
- Communicates with doctors
- Outcome measures.
- Endeavors to attain patient goals; progresses patient to appropriate level of independence.
- Maintains current professional knowledge.
- Attends all mandatory educational programs.
- Seeks additional education that will enhance patient rehab program.
- Shares knowledge with others in the department.
- Seeks continuing education requirements to meet State and National licensing guidelines.
- Maintains fiscal responsibility of the Department and the Hospital.
- Compliant and accurate implementation of billing process.
- Actively looks for ways to reduce costs.
- Maintains patient/family confidentiality to comply with HIPPA regulations.
- May assist in the supervision of Physical Therapy Assistant students.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director, Manager, Team Leader, and Evaluating Physical Therapist.
- Serves on committees as requested.
- May provide in-services and community aid.