Auto req ID: 7964
Title: Staff Program Manager - Engineering Product Development
Job Function: Engineering
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
The Harley-Davidson Motor Company Product Development Center (PDC) located in Wauwatosa, WI is home to the mantra – You dream it. We build it. Join our team as a Staff Program Manager - Engineering Product Development.
The Product Development Staff Program Manager owns program operations and leads project teams in all phases of H-D motorcycle product development including planning, design, design verification, production validation, and launch. The Staff Program Manager serves as the expert in program execution and partners with the Chief Engineer to remove barriers and keep teams focused on what is most critical.
• Critical Path Plan: Establish, manage, and drive the program critical path via a deep understanding of crucial deliverables and cross-functional timing interdependencies (e.g. design and tooling release dates, supplier selection, build events, etc.).
• Resource Management: Own the end-to-end resource process for the program. Build and manage resource plans to ensure program and broader life cycle plan (LCP) success. Drive alignment between program scope/timing and resources required to deliver.
• Financial Management: Author and expedite approval of the program integrated business case (IBC). Approve capital and expense funds to achieve program goals within program fences.
• Risk & Issue Management: Actively identify program risks & issues and work to mitigate. Ensure cross-functional alignment on risks & issues with program implications understood, clear ownership, effective prioritization and that actions efficiently drive resolution.
• Metrics & Make Good: Oversee and drive the program to most meaningful leading and lagging metrics that provide a clear line of sight to program status and health. Measure and communicate results versus plan for proactive mitigation and continuous improvement (e.g. resource usage, total investment, time to market).
• Program Operations: Run the day-to-day business of the program including cross-functional meetings (Program Leadership Teams (PLT), Townhalls, Workshops, etc.), communications (Program Scorecard, Leadership Updates, Milestone Presentations, etc.), tool maintenance (e.g. Developmental Bill of Material (BOM) and approvals (Requirements, Purchase Requisitions, etc.) to ensure effective coordination.
• Operating Model Execution: Guide H-D Product Methodology scope to ensure intent is met and rigor and documentation is scaled according to associated value and risk.
• Program Culture: Consistently center the team on what is most important and why. Mitigate dysfunction and waste by continually refining program operations to ensure efficient and effective execution (e.g., process, tools, communications). Clarify who is responsible for deliverables and timing. Empower individuals and get decisions made at lowest level practical and ensure all stakeholders at all levels embrace their primary role.
• Engagement: Build critical cross-functional support and alliances to drive engagement and energy. Amid chaos lead by example, provide stable ground, drive progress and celebrate wins!
• Help Chain: Ensure every team member has the knowledge, tools, and direction to be successful via program onboarding, training, etc. Identify and fill gaps by connecting individuals with relevant experts for help.
• Program Leader: As a member of the Program Leadership Team, provide the “voice of program management” and fully represent your function in directing work to ensure program success
Bachelor's Degree Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business or related area is Required.
• Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex projects with proficiency in the use of program management methodologies and tools.
• Demonstrated application of program management principles that have led to the successful creation or change of product development processes.
• Demonstrated experience in assessing project management best practices and inspiring others to continuously improve execution to improve quality and streamline work.
• Demonstrated accomplishment in coaching, mentoring, and leading teams resulting in the attainment of business objectives.
• Ability to manage, track, and communicate technical information in a clear, concise, and understandable manner to a broad group of stakeholders.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We welcome everybody to join our family and be united no matter who you are or where you come from. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance