About the Role
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer, Personalization to join the IpsyMatch Engineering team. You will be responsible for the central recommendation logic governing which products are given to which users each month, by applying ML models, creating expert systems, and highly-algorithmic coding. We also handle many traditional software engineering processes, like gathering and crunching data (at a big-data scale!), forming reports, and exporting data to other microservices in the company.
Are you a java-skilled engineer with an eye for optimization of code and real-world processes? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design novel algorithms that run in Java or in Spark
- Linear and mixed-Integer constraint solving using Gurobi
- Packaging functionality in an internal website used by business ops
- Managing infrastructure agilely using AWS
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of Industry Software Engineering experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with coding in Java
- Skill designing efficient algorithms to solve novel problems
- Familiarity with databases: schema design, queries, performance
- A startup orientation and ability to responsibly work directly with the infrastructure
Bonus if You Have
- Experience with optimizing real-world processes via software
- Experience with ORMs (GORM), and application frameworks (Grails / Angular)
- Experience with Spark or other data-processing architectures
- Experience with AWS, Airflow
What We Offer
About BFA INDUSTRIES
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
BFA Industries inspires everyone to express themselves, making beauty accessible for all. Through product innovation, machine learning technology, and a community-first mindset, we democratize beauty by delivering not only personalized experiences, but a feeling of authentic self-expression. We’re home to the largest beauty subscription brands in the world: IPSY and BoxyCharm, as well as brand incubator, Madeby Collective, and personal care brand, Refreshments and have a beauty community that’s over 30M strong. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, Miami, Santa Monica, and Argentina, BFA brings together a diverse group of entrepreneurial thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.