The Climate Corporation
We are seeking a highly motivated statistician who shares our passion for innovation to join our team within the Climate Science organization. You will have the opportunity to be on the forefront of developing novel & complex integrated agronomic models for recommendations on seeds, agronomic traits, and crop protection that farmers need today. Our team has access to rich, industry-leading data sources to drive creation of predictive and prescriptive models that will shape the future of the agriculture industry.
As part of our diverse, highly dynamic group, you will work side-by-side with a team of exceptional data scientists with diverse backgrounds--Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, and more--to deliver next-generation scientific breakthroughs, while fostering your career growth and development. If you are passionate about addressing feeding a growing planet sustainably, with a direct impact on farmers, the Climate Corporation would love to talk to you. We work on hard problems because we love the challenge!
What You Will Do:
A Statistician plays a key role in delivering innovative scientific breakthroughs by creating robust, predictive agronomic models for a variety of crops. You will work closely with interdisciplinary scientists, leveraging genetic, environmental, and farm management data to design and analyze experiments that predict crop and agronomic performance; providing personalized prescriptions for growers while developing novel analytical models and best practices for complex data analyses.
- Explore, munge, and model large and diverse agricultural datasets
- Design and prototype models based on using diverse techniques that include, but are not limited to: AI, machine learning, data mining, optimization modeling, and statistical modeling
- Manipulate, transform, and analyze abstract data structures
- Implement and test algorithms and techniques relevant to achieving project objectives
- Collaborate with other data scientists and engineers in developing models to diagnose and/or predict patterns of crop performance
- Analyze and judge the quality of data and work with the data quality team to resolve issues
- Select the most appropriate modeling techniques and data visualization for large datasets
- Assist with design of field trial protocols, statistical analysis of field trial data, and code reviews
- MS in Statistics, Applied Math, Data Science, or other quantitative discipline
- Minimum of one year experience conducting exploratory data analysis and modeling
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced statistical methodology and data science to real-world problems
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience manipulating and analyzing large data sets
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving skills, with demonstrated ability to build, test, and iterate on a variety of model forms
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional environment, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to translate complex technical concepts across scientific and business domains
- Skilled in the use of Python (preferred), R, or Matlab for research
- PhD in Statistics, Applied Math, Data Science, or other quantitative discipline
- Experience using probabilistic programming languages, such as Tensorflow probability, Stan, Pyro, PyMC3
- Experience in SQL, PySpark or SparklyR/SparkR
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistanceor an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at