Sterile Processing Clerk (FT) - CSC Wendover Campus
Surgical Care Affiliates SCA
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA’s 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits…
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance – eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Sterile Processing Clerk (Instrument Processing Technician) is responsible for maintaining instruments and equipment in an optimal fashion and preparing instrumentation, equipment, and sterile supplies for the surgical patient.
- Functions as an Instrument Processing Technician under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Knowledge of sterilization procedures, aseptic technique, and maintenance and care of instruments and equipment.
- Knowledge of standards and engages in practices and procedures of sterile technique.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use and returns it to the proper area, in appropriate sequence, for storage and/or processing.
- Differentiates sterilization and disinfection methods required for specific instruments and equipment.
- Cleans, wraps, sterilizes, and disinfects instruments and equipment and maintains the functions of the instrument processing area/department.
- Responsible for crossover duties in other areas such as purchasing supplies and inventory management in proper areas according to facility policy and management guidance.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Understanding of sterilization and high-level disinfection technologies including industry standardized principles and practice in sterilization and disinfection required.
- Prior experience in instrument processing preferred.
- Prior experience as a surgical technologist/procedure technologist preferred.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of employment required or documentation of current BCLS certification.
- Certification in instrument processing is preferred.
About the Company
Surgical Care Affiliates SCA
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) partners with leading physicians, hospitals and health systems to develop and implement surgical services strategies across the country. With approximately 5,000 teammates, SCA operates more than 185 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in partnership with approximately 2,000 physicians and in affiliation with 45+ health systems.
At SCA, we put Clinical First. Our mission is to care for our patients, serve our physicians and improve healthcare in America by offering clinical systems, service line growth strategies, benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs that create measurable advantage for surgical facilities—clinically, operationally and financially.
An industry leader, SCA recently created industry-wide clinical outcomes reporting procedures, using metrics endorsed by the National Quality Forum. All SCA facilities pursue accreditation through The Joint Commission (TJC), the American Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers (AAASC) or the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
Our facilities focus on short-term care and primarily provide non-emergency surgical procedures in many specialties, including orthopaedics, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, pain management, and otolaryngology, among others. Our facilities provide physicians with the logistics and support staff necessary to perform these procedures.
SCA is deeply committed to our core values of clinical quality, integrity, service excellence, teamwork, accountability and continuous improvement.