Sterile Processing Tech/Supervisor
Tact Medical Staffing
14 days ago
Sterile Processing Tech/Supervisor – Hospital - Cortlandt Manor, NY
**Temp Contract with possible extension**
**Full time Day schedule**
- Decontamination process of hospital instruments including sterilization, packaging, inventory, and distribution tasks according to established department policies and procedures.
- Dissembles, cleans, sterilizes, reassembles and packages sterile supplies according to specifications and/or manufacturer instructions.
- Follows department procedures to use appropriate sterilization method for various types of instrumentation.
- Operates washers, sterilizers, ultrasonic machines, steam and ethylene oxide sterilizers, heat sealers, and additional equipment during sterilization procedures.
- Adheres to instrument count sheets for surgical sets and case carts.
- Covers and rotates trays and sets per sterile storage guidelines.
- Follows safety protocols to ensure no injury to self/others (proper body mechanics, protective apparel during decontamination procedures, etc.)
- Graduate of an accredited Sterile Processing Technician program
- IAHCSMM certified (CRCST)
- Minimum of 1 year current/recent experience as a Lead Sterile Processing Tech
- Knowledge of all equipment (to include reprocessing scopes and medivators) that provide decontamination and sterilization of Reusable Medical Equipment (RME).
**For IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION – email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org**