Sterile Processing Technician
Myrtle Beach, SC
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Sterile Processing Technician.
At Grand Strand Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Sterile Processing Technician to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The Sterile Processing Technician has the primary responsibility of processing and maintaining quality control of surgical instruments, and the monitoring of sterilization/decontamination equipment used in Surgical Services. The Sterile Processing Technician is also responsible for cleaning and disinfecting equipment and supplies that are used throughout the hospital. The position requires a thorough knowledge of surgical instrumentation/equipment decontamination, sterilization principles and practices, instrument tray assembly and inventory control.
What you will do in this role:
- You will provide hospital departments, including but not limited to, the OR, the Emergency Room and Labor and Delivery, with sterile instruments and trays in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
- You will properly decontaminate, clean, inspect, assemble, package, sterilize, store, distribute and document reusable surgical instruments and equipment according to established procedures
- You will collect soiled equipment from nursing units and deliver to the decontamination area
- You will be responsible for the ordering of supplies and instruments and pulling of cases
- You will be required to keep accurate and legible records
- You will be required to transport patients as needed
- You will replenish carts as needed