DescriptionEssential Purpose of Position:
Responsible for the maintenance of logs, shipping and receiving of merchandise at the store in a manner that meets the company standards of safety, security and productivity. Also responsible for putting showroom displays neatly in place. Ensures a clean and orderly backroom, washrooms, entrance and windows.
Safety and Housekeeping:
• Keeps backroom neat and orderly ensuring making sure receiving doors locks securities of the stock by making sure receiving doors when not in immediate use.
• Attend regularly scheduled training.
• Ensure the stores backroom door is closed at all times to protect the assets of the company.
• Ensures trash is discarded, tools and equipment are stored neatly and properly at all times.
• Ensures fire lane is kept clear and washrooms and entrances are in a safe and proper manner.
• Ensures the stores touch-up kit is properly secured at the end of each shift
• Responsible for the maintenance and up-keep of the store
• Assists the Visual Display staff with floor moves, movement of merchandise and accessories.
• Ensure completion of visual display assignment list is completed.
• Stores and inventories display materials and parts and ensure they are placed in the backroom.
• Sets up merchandise and lighting for showroom displays in a safe and proper manner, follows guidelines of Visual Display Guidelines Handbook
Incoming and Outbound materials and merchandise handling:
• Ensure tags are printed for all pieces of merchandise and proper signage is completed in a timely manner.
• Maintains the stores signage and ensures as updates are needed they are made in a timely manner.
• Prepare signage for merchandise tags and maintains the stores signage Library.
• Ensures the stores Library is organized and should include window and trip-tik signage
• Loads and unloads merchandise in a proper and safe manner. Ensures direct vendor and DC shipments are properly received and documented and paperwork is sent to the office staff.
• Ensures pick-up of merchandise is labeled and organized in one area and transfer merchandise is wrapped, branded, tagged and organized in another area.
• Assist with special events, new store openings, Tent and Warehouse sales.
• Ensure the guidelines for Floor Sample Report (FSR) are maintained at all times.
• Ensure the FSR is being worked everyday and items that have been sold should be removed from the showroom.
• Knowledge in the following areas: store line up, Cycle counts and IST’s
• Prepares and maintains proper logs of merchandise in stockroom and ensures proper handling and labeling of merchandise.
Assisting at Other Locations:
• Assisting in stock responsibilities at other stores as needed, such as store moves, expansion projects for existing stores. There maybe other assistance needed at other stores.
**Performs other duties as required or requested.
RequirementsBasic Competencies of Every Employee
Attendance & Punctuality
Scheduling Time off
Begin work on time
Keeps absences within guidelines
Arrives to meetings & training on time
Planning & Organization
Prioritize and plan work activities
Use time efficiently
Plan for additional resources
Integrate changes smoothly
Set goals and objectives
Work in an organized manner
Balance team and individual responsibilities
Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views
Give and welcome feedback
Contribute to building a positive team spirit
Put success of team above own interests
1. High School diploma or equivalent GED – preferred
2. Basic arithmetic skills required.
3. Ability to read, communicate and understand English and write legibly - preferred.
4. Must be able to lift over 60 pounds, bending, stooping, climbing and reaching.
5. Ability to follow directions.
6. High Lift certification suggested, not a requirement.
7. Ability to assemble merchandise - required
8. Ability to safely use power tools, i.e., power drill
9. Basic deluxing skills – touch up of wood products
10. Stand and walk for extended periods of time
11. Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office
12. Ability to accurately key in product information and quantities on a PC
13. Valid drivers’ license
14. Ability to occasionally travel to other company locations as needed