Strategy and Business Development Mgr - FIN001137
Provide a broad array of strategic analytical leadership and support to projects and initiatives in the areas of business development, corporate development and strategy, focused on identifying and enabling near-term and longer-term growth opportunities for UScellular. Leads key strategic analyses and oversees ongoing strategic and business development initiatives. Provide decision support to the Executive Leadership team and to cross-functional business partners.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends and assess their potential implications for USCC growth opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally within USCC to identify and evaluate opportunities for growth including the assessment of their degree of alignment with existing and potential strategy.
- Conduct research designed to refine our understanding of the size and characteristics of potential market opportunities.
- Research and evaluate potential partners USSC can work with to achieve business goals of entering new markets, growing revenue and reducing costs.
- Conduct analysis designed to evaluate the relative merits of organic versus inorganic approaches to driving growth.
- Evaluate merger and acquisition opportunities designed to support USCC growth objectives including research and due diligence on potential investments.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of different strategic partnership structures (e.g., alliances, joint ventures, corporate venturing) in supporting growth objectives.
- Build financial, operating and statistical models to support corporate and business unit strategic decision making, including but not limited to market sizing, business cases, and valuation analysis (e.g., NPV, DCF).
- Develop forward-looking analyses often characterized by a high degree of uncertainty in the data.
- Develop a knowledge of long-term strategy and planning initiatives across the functions within the organization.
- Provide decision support to various audiences within USCC including the Officer/Executive Teams via presentations and/or presentation support.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in financial analysis, management consulting, corporate/business development, and/or strategic planning.
- Ability to interpret meaningful themes and strategic implications from both internally and externally sourced quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results.
- Ability to employ analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to strategic issues.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstration of a high level of ownership and independent initiative of assigned projects.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information on a regular basis - requiring a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to function effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Flexible attitude with changing assignments and priorities is imperatives.
- Familiarity with financial valuation techniques (e.g., discounted cash flow).
- Wireless industry knowledge.
- Experience with data query/analysis and data presentation tools.
: Finance Location(s)
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.