Georgia-Pacific Building Products LLC seeks a Structural Engineer for its Atlanta, GA location.
- Support project teams in the development and implementation of projects using the Georgia-Pacific Capital Project Work Processes;
- Provide engineering expertise to define scope of work, develop cost/ material estimate(s), design, and executing projects that lead to improved safety, quality, cost, and efficiency;
- Provide material take-offs/bill of materials to be used for estimating and scheduling purposes;
- Perform calculations and produce foundation, structural, building, and civil drawings to support the construction of plant facilities;
- Design and analyze steel structures based on project needs;
- Design and analyze concrete foundations based on load information supplied by OEM suppliers;
- Prepare/supervise the development of contract documents as required to include drawings and specifications;
- Coordinate and interface with Project Managers, Plant Personnel, and third-parties as necessary;
- Provide detailed analysis for technically challenging designs;
- Perform stress analysis and load evaluations of components;
- Perform design and evaluation of piping and/or equipment supports;
- Use economic thinking when evaluating equipment, vendors, and contractors;
- Provide expert advice relating to Civil Engineering matters;
- Participate in the Root Cause Analysis of major civil engineering problems.
Employer requires a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or a related engineering field and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or related civil/structural engineering experience. Employer will also accept a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or a related engineering field and five (5) years of experience in the job offered or related civil/structural engineering experience.
Employer also requires three (3) years of experience with structural steel design and concrete foundation design.
Employer also requires:
- 3 years of experience working with building codes and standards, including ANSI, ASCE, ACI, AISC, and IBC;
- 3 years of experience with AutoCAD;
- 3 years of experience producing foundation designs;
- 3 years of experience producing structural steel designs;
- 3 years of experience organizing work requests for a team of engineers, including establishing deadlines for work;
- 3 years of experience working with a cross-functional team of engineers, operators, maintenance personnel, and business leaders;
- 3 years of experience working with RAM Structural software;
- 2 years of experience working with MathCAD;
- 3 years of experience with building envelopes, including roofing, insulation, gravity, and lateral load analysis;
- 3 years of experience working with structural analysis software, such as Risa, Ram, etc.;
- 3 years of experience with structural design, including concrete, steel, rotating element design, and Geotech; and
- 3 years of experience working with Microsoft Office Tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Up to 40% domestic/international travel to Georgia-Pacific facilities, vendor/contractor facilities, and engineering partner’s offices is required.
Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable.
To apply, send resume to: GPJobs@GAPAC.com. Please include Job Number 17172 in the subject line.