Provides advice and counsel to Student Financial Services Representatives who are assisting students and prospective students from the College’s video call center, in Lake Mary, Florida. Answers financial aid questions and provides assistance and advice to individuals exploring options for financing their education at Remington College.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures, and operates within state and federal statutes and regulations and within standards of accreditation at all times.
- Assists Student Financial Services Representatives in providing prospective and current students with answers to their financial aid questions.
- Conducts meetings via videoconference, providing information to students about financing and financial aid options that may be available to fund their education.
- Ask questions of students to determine what types/amounts of financial aid, if any, they may be eligible to receive.
- Responds to students’ requests for help with financial aid information and to their related questions.
- Assists students with the preparation and completion of financial aid applications.
- Follows up with students to help ensure the timely completion of applications and filings and any required documentation in support of those applications.
- Reviews Estimated Award Letters with students.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Maintains professional and effective working relationships with all other Company personnel.
- Conducts his or her professional and personal life in a fashion that fosters a positive impression of the Company.
- Performs the job on-site (no telecommuting or off-site management).
- A high school diploma or GED; some college preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of federal student financial aid experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in customer service preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to use videoconferencing technology (training provided) and to project a professional image via video/webcam.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English in both verbal and written form.
- Experience with CampusVue student software a plus, but not required.