Submission for the position: Surgical Technologist Per Diem - (Job Number: 21000BFK)
Fresenius Medical Care
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the USV/FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and USV/FMS policy requirements.
Under the direct supervision of the Facility Manager or Chief Radiology Technologist, performs scrub and circulating duties during interventional procedures according to USV/FMS policies and procedures. Assists with preparation of procedure room, inventory of supplies and stocking of supplies in the procedure room and stock room.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the maintenance and setting up of the procedure room in compliance with FMCNA/USV policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Stocks procedure room and procedure trays with all needed supplies and interventional equipment prior to procedure.
- Cleans the procedure room including the equipment and machinery post procedure.
- May assist with preparing the patient for the surgical procedure by positioning, shaving and prepping.
- Performs additional tasks as designated by Physician, practicing in compliance with state regulations
- Prepares and administers medications within the scope of practice and state regulations
- Performs patient transfers and positioning of patients and transports patient to and from procedure room.
- Acts as scrub assistant assisting the physician during interventional procedures under fluoroscopy; maintaining a sterile technique according to the established company policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Draws up intravenous medication and labels as per Medication Labeling Policy, and Medication in the Sterile Field Competency.
- Performs circulating duties in the procedure room.
- Complies with HIPAA policies and standards in regards to patient confidentiality.
- Assists with maintaining environmental integrity and aesthetics. Ensures all areas are clean, sanitary and safe on a daily basis Ensures all facility equipment and instruments are in proper working condition by inspecting equipment on a daily basis before and after procedures.
- May perform minor equipment repairs and general upkeep. Communicate problems to supervisor and document issues in the communications log.
- Assists with disposal of hazardous waste materials, dirty linen and rugs.
- May assist with instrument sterilization and packaging of surgical instruments.
- Assists with preparing, organizing, and efficiently utilizing supplies and equipment to prevent wastage.
- Provides outstanding quality of patient care by supporting and driving USV quality standards through meeting regulatory requirements and the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of USV/FMS CQI tools.
- Assists with implementing USV quality goals and facility specific action plans in order to achieve USV quality standards.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other USV administrative and operational records.
- Complies with all data collection and auditing activities.
- Provides clerical and practical support to physicians and staff:
- Works with the physicians and staff to have all necessary instruments and equipment are on hand.
- May print images and send to the physician.
- May assist with training and orienting new employees on the medical equipment.
- Files paperwork in patient files according to policies and procedures.
- Assists with inventory, ordering of supplies and re-stocking of supplies.
- May process x-ray images after acquisitions.
- May archive patient images to a CD or DVD to comply with USV policies and procedures for patient medical records and state regulations.
- Participates in all facility regulatory and accreditation surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies identified.
- Other duties as assigned.