Substation Relay Test Specialist
Contract position: Client is looking for a few Substation Tests/Relay Commissioning Specialists that specialize in testing and commissioning high voltage electrical substations, systems & relays. These are long term Contract opportunities that could turn into a direct hire job for the right candidate. You need 5-25+ years of relevant experience and will support projects in Georgia or Indiana. Client will pay for mob, demob, trips home and per diem.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Responsible for directing commissioning and testing activities in the field on high voltage substation projects
- Leads commissioning and testing activities for utility and industrial substations and facilities
- Direct field testing on all required substation equipment, including transformers, circuit breakers, protective relays, instrument transformers and other substation equipment per the manufacturer's recommendations and the NETA testing standards
- Compiles test results and creates reports for all the physical testing of equipment test procedures
- Provides cost control and testing and commissioning scheduling information to Project Manager
- Analyzes results of testing and provides guidance on how to interpret results of testing to less experienced testing technicians
- Maintains client relationships with client field personnel
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: High School
- High Voltage Relay Testing (3 years of experience is required)
- Protective Relays
- NETA Testing Standards
- Test Technician
- Power Circuit Breakers
- Substation Technician
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
About the Company
Randstad was founded in 1960 by Frits Goldschmeding. We've never let go of his passion or the values that he established. By staying true to those fundamentals, we've expanded to represent more than 90 percent of the HR services market.
We provide outsourcing, staffing, consulting and workforce solutions within the areas of engineering, accounting and finance, healthcare, human resources, IT, legal, life sciences, manufacturing and logistics, office and administration and sales and marketing. We can’t wait to tell you all about it.
Our mission is to be a world leader in matching demand for, and supply of, labor and HR services. We believe in the value of work as a unifying force that shapes society for the better. We live by the core values established early in our company's history: to know, serve and trust, striving for perfection and simultaneous promotion of all interests.