Dedham Health and Athletic is looking to for innovative, energetic, and hard-working role models to create the best summer ever!
DATES: Camp runs June 14th August 30th HOURS: 7:30-6:00
- Attended the Ultimate Day Camp as a camper
- Must be 15
- Available to work June 14th-August 30th.
- Able to work outside for 8 hours a day in a variety of summer weather conditions
- Emotionally mature, responsible, and punctual
- Team player and willing to work hard
- Ability to take direction from leaders
- Ability to take initiative
- Create a magical summer for campers by guiding them through new activities and creating an environment where they can build new friendships.
- Redirect campers to follow camp-appropriate behavior.
- Maintain rules for safety.
- Be a role model. We expect our camp staff and C.I.T's to use child-appropriate language and model important life skills such as a growth mindset, kindness, and curiosity.
- Actively find ways to nurture and challenge children every day.
- Help camp counselors with campers and keep track of their personal possessions (water bottles, backpacks, shoes, etc.).
- Follow a schedule.
- COVID-19 considerations:We will be following all best practice guidelines for operating camp this summer, i.e., smaller cohorts within camp, modifying programming to adhere to group size requirements, having the majority of activities outside, requiring masks, physical distancing, and frequent hand washing/sanitizing.
WORKING AT CAMP IS FOR YOU IF....
- You love kids!
- You are quick to come up with ways to keep campers entertained with activities, games, or conversation topics.
- You don't want a desk job
- You are motivated to help campers learn new things about themselves and the world around them.
- You love variety. (Each day at camp is unique!)