Superintendent - Gainesville, FL
Concept Companies is the right place for talented and motivated individuals who seek to distinguish themselves in a company poised for growth. We work in a supportive environment led by a dynamic team that encourages entrepreneurial spirit and collaboration across all of our companies. Now is the time to jumpstart your career with a pipeline of exciting projects that present professional creativity, long-term security, and career growth potential.
Division: Theory Construction
Location: Gainesville, Florida
- Supervise and direct field crew, job scheduling, and onsite coordination of labor and materials.
- Serve as the quality control manager and ensure that all work meets or exceeds minimum Theory Construction standards.
- Monitor and update progress and cost reports, schedules, and completion requirements on a regular basis.
- Enforce company policies, administer the company safety program and provide all required reporting.
- Maintain effective communication and positive relationships with vendors, clients, subcontractors, and co-workers.
- Thoroughly understand the contract documents and ensure that the subcontractors are in compliance.
- Develop site utilization plan.
- Develop site-specific safety/evacuation plan.
- Assist the Project Manager with pricing and procurement of all temporary facilities (job trailer, storage trailer, portable toilets, etc)
- Coordinate all temporary utility services (power, phone, water)
- Assist and/or supervise the layout of the building(s)
- Set up building material supplier accounts as necessary
- Assist project team with obtaining all required permits
- Ensure all subcontractors on your project have proper permits, licenses, and safety equipment
- Conduct weekly subcontractor progress meetings and provide meeting minutes
- Conduct pre-installation conferences with subcontractors and vendors to ensure compliance with contract documents
- Conduct weekly safety meetings and provide meeting minutes
- Provide updated schedule information to Project Manager for weekly schedule updates
- Review/implement shop drawings, samples, and mock-ups
- Schedule all subcontractors to maximize productivity. Review and update in conjunction with the assigned Project Manager
- Establish, distribute, and manage the 3-week look ahead schedule
- Prepare and provide weekly summary progress reports to the project team.
- Perform all site-related documentation; photos, RFI's, record drawings, etc
- Ensure that the project is clean, orderly, and presentable on a daily basis
- Manage the company employees that are self-performing work
- Assist the Project Manager in obtaining pricing for owner-requested change orders
- Participate in Construction Management presentations
- Inspect and maintain the SWPPP plan as outlined on the contract documents
- Responsible for opening job sites in the mornings and securing the facility at the end of each day
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience as an assistant superintendent or equivalent supervisory role
- Ground-up construction with knowledge of all trades
- Ability to read contract documents (Plans, Specifications, Etc.)
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of the organization, as well s clients, outside partners, and resources
- Self-starter who can work independently and with team members
- Capability to manage multiple projects and priorities in an efficient, accurate manner
- Integrity/Trust, Work Standards
- Concern for Detail
- Planning, organizing, and multitasking
- Facilitation/Meeting leadership
- Professional/Technical knowledge
- Travel may be required depending on the location of the project
- 5% heavy lifting
- 5% heavy equipment operation
- Medical, Dental Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
- Retirement Account with employer match
- Team Social Events
- Competitive Salary
- Cell Phone and truck allowance