Superintendent - Sarasota
Stevens Construction specializes in healthcare and commercial construction, providing outstanding product quality and service in the Florida construction industry. With headquarters in Fort Myers, FL, and operations in Orlando, Tampa, and Sarasota, Stevens Construction guides their clients through the entire development and construction process.
Our Mission is to identify, hire, and retain the very best people who work together to execute our five-year strategic plan while maintaining our reputation, values, and beliefs. We are a growing organization that supports the communities we build. Apply today to learn about the benefits of becoming a Stevens Construction Team Member!
A superintendent is primarily responsible for all daily job site related activity such as safety, cost, quality, and schedule. The superintendent will regularly communicate with the General Superintendent. The ideal candidate should have multiple years of field experience.
- Work with Project Manager to prepare, implement and maintain master project schedule â€“ Post it and track milestone dates on site.
- Identify and notify Project Manager of critical path schedule delays. Weather, design conflicts, open RFIâ€™s, subcontractor manpower or material delays etc.
- Prepare and distribute 2-week look ahead schedules every week to PM, PA and all subcontractors with work coming up within the next month.
- Schedule and lead pre-installation meetings with subcontractors in advance of activities scheduled starts. Coordinate meeting with affected trades, approved submittal/shop drawings and if required, project design team. Document meeting with sign in and notes.
- Schedule and direct subcontractors.
- Prepare and maintain RFI and submittal logs through Procore.
- Manage the entire RFI process - Prepare, submit, track and process all RFIâ€™s and RFI responses through Procore.
- Manage the entire submittal process - Obtain, review, process, track and distribute all submittals and shop drawings through Procore.
- Oversee daily construction activities at worksite, coordinate deliveries of materials and equipment.
- Prepare and maintain daily log in Procore, detailing the dayâ€™s activities every day (include deliveries, inspections, visitors, weather, man count and activities by trade).
- Coordinate and schedule inspections with subcontractors and building officials.
- Collect and verify subcontractor T&M tickets as directed by Superintendent â€“ Note "To Verify Time Only" on each ticket.
- Coordinate and lead weekly subcontractor coordination and safety meetings.
- Assist Project Manager in OAC meetings. Communicate project progress and upcoming activities with team.
- Maintain a working set of As-Built drawings on-site and require subcontractors update as-built set weekly.
- Provide PA with a complete set of accurate As-Built drawings for project close-out and work closely with Project Administrator to compile and submit complete set of Close-out documents.
- Create and execute SCI punch list prior to Owner/ Architect punch list.
- Schedule, coordinate, and record owner training to be included in close-out documents.
- Work closely with PA for utility and permit close-out for purpose of receiving Certificate of Occupancy
- Coordinate jobsite trailer, dumpsters and other job site items at project start up and close-out.
- Work with PM and PA to receive and review subcontractors written Job Specific Safety Plan in advance of each trade starting work. Responsible for pre-construction Safety Orientation with subcontractors to review existing site conditions and job specific safety concerns. Maintain SDS/safety manuals/logs.
- Attend and participate in monthly Superintendent and safety meetings.
- Complete projects within given budget and timeframe while maintaining exceptional quality expectations.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise sound judgement and discretion
- Maintains confidentiality concerning company information
- Communicates effectively
- Ability to analyze cost data
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Eight paid holidays off per year
- Paid Time off
*Stevens Construction is a Drug Free Workplace.
**Stevens Construction provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR