Buford, GA, US, 30518
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company
Systemax has a 70-year track record of market-leading innovation. Founded in 1949 as a small material handling company, we’ve grown to be an industry leader with over 1.7 million products in 21 industrial and commercial categories. Global Industrial is a subsidiary of Systemax and represents the largest part of the Systemax family.
The keys to our continued success include the collaborative spirit we cultivate in our associates, our customers, and our vendor partners. Our esteemed customer base includes members of the Fortune 500, small-to-medium size business, and direct to consumer. Conducting business across a wide spectrum of industry verticals, we supply our customers with the industrial equipment and supplies they need to run their business effectively, efficiently, and safely.
Our culture starts with our leadership team. United, they uphold a commitment to transparency and clear communication, creating loyalty and a high level of engagement amongst associates. By joining Global Industrial, a Systemax Company, you are a part of a dynamic organization that rewards high performance as well as an environment of continuous learning with upward mobility through training and development, stretch assignments, and internal mobility.
At our core, we believe in embracing new ideas, teamwork, accountability, and treating our associates the way we want them to treat our customers. We are active listeners – to our employees and to our customers – so that our actions result in a truly delightful associate and customer experience alike. By celebrating our differences and rewarding innovation at all levels of the business, we nurture a culture of belonging and unity to drive change.
- Accomplishes warehouse objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments
- Delivers supplies and equipment to departments by receiving and transferring items
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements
- Maintains inventory by conducting monthly physical counts; reconciling variances; inputting data
- Secures warehouse by locking all exit doors, turning alarms on; testing systems and securing outside entrance door
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
- Communicating with staff to motivate and enable them to reach their ultimate level of success
- Provide available tools and resources to perform their duties in an efficient and safe manner
- Accomplishes warehouse and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Competencies and skills
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent at least 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area desired
- Supervisory skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem resolution and reasoning abilities
- Ability to report and analyze information
- Experienced in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
Global Industrial, a Systemax Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nearest Major Market: Alpharetta
Nearest Secondary Market: Atlanta
Job Segment:Warehouse, Supply, Manufacturing, Operations