Location: Sparks, Nevada
"The Novo culture has the utmost respect for our team members, families, and the local community. As a member of Novo, we warmly welcome you and your family to the Novo team. We empower our team members to advocate for our cultural values of respect, safety, transparency, and continuous improvement. Our team is proud to work for Novo, and we’re proud to work with them.
Join us in making a difference for our partners."
Novo Logistics is seeking a reliable, self-driven, and team-oriented professional with problem-solving, communication, and management skills for the position of Supervisor. This position is within a fast-paced warehouse environment in Whitestown, Indiana. We offer competitive compensation and opportunities for growth.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Recruit, orient, train, schedule, coach, counsel, motivate, and discipline Team Members; communicating job expectations; evaluate performance; enforce policies and procedures.
- Supervise and work with supervisors to effectively manage daily activities and employee matters.
- Serve as the backup to the Operations Manager/Contract Manager/Vice President of Operations in the management of site processes and procedures.
- Assist Operations Manager/Contract Manager/Vice President of Operations in daily operations regarding responsibilities both in the warehouse and office tasks.
- Assist in asset and budget management including budget projection, maintenance, inventory, and reporting.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with safety procedures and expectations.
- Operate forklift and assist in other warehouse or plant duties as may be needed from time to time.
- Perform other requests and duties as assigned by the Operations Manager/Contract Manager/Vice President of Operations or upper-level management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures, in addition to safety requirements.
- Knowledge of general warehouse work instructions, safety, and housekeeping procedures.
- Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office applications.
- Skill in typing and general computer literacy.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to effectively manage people, including scheduling, disciplining, counseling, and evaluating.
- Ability to set goals and implement plans to achieve.
- Ability to solve problems and adapt to situations requiring solutions to unforeseen circumstances.
- Ability to maintain records, organize documents, calendar, and other assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with partners, team members, management, and others.
- Ability to keep accounting records, manage budgets, create reports and invoices.
- Ability to multitask in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift, move, and transport up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, bend and stoop for extended periods or for the duration of shift (8-12 hour shifts).
- Have reliable transportation.
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- Be willing to submit to a background check and urinalysis drug screen (drug screen scheduled following interview).
Education, Experience, and Certification
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two (2) to three (3) plus years of warehouse experience.
- One (1) year of management experience preferred.
- Certification in operating a forklift.
- Hourly (paid weekly via Direct Deposit).
- Overtime opportunities (overtime pay is equal to 1.5 times the Team Member's regular hourly rate of pay, for any hours worked in excess of 40 hours in a workweek).
Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Company-sponsored premiums for Medical Insurance, with nominal Team Member contribution.
- Dental Insurance, Life Insurance policy, and other options.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Time Off hours in accordance with Company Policy.
- Paid Holiday hours in accordance with Company Policy.
- 2 - 3 years: Warehouse experience
- 1 year(s): Management experience
- High School or better in General Studies or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Goal Achievement
- Organization Strategies
- Problem Solving
- Goal Setting
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Computer Literacy
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
See job description