Summary of Position:
The Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for collecting and analyzing supply chain data, recommending improvements to boost performance and reduce costs and coordinating with other professionals to implement changes and new systems.
• Design and implement methods to gather and manage supply chain data
• Create processes and methods to gather supply chain data
• Analyze data to identify problematic areas and suggest improvements
• Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects (e.g. warehouse-slotting, route planning)
• Oversees Inventory Management (MIN/MAX levels)
• Develop requirements and standards (e.g. packaging, procurement, delivery)
• Oversee inventory procedures
• Research and seek out the most cost-effective shipping modes and schedules
• Evaluate vendor operations (e.g. freight forwarders) according to quality standards
• Assist in promoting a positive image and inter-business relationship with business partners and vendors
• Collaborate with IT professionals to implement effective systems
• Track KPIs and report on supply chain performance
1. Ensures Accountability
2. Tech Savvy
3. Communicates Effectively
4. Drives Results
5. Customer Focus
7. Values Differences
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee in this position frequently communicates with other co-workers/clients who have inquiries about the various projects and other needs. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operate a computer and office machinery such as a calculator, keyboard, copy machine, and printer. Frequently moves boxes with equipment weighing up to 25lbs across the building and/or to other offsite buildings for various project needs.
Required Education and Experience:
BSc/BA in Logistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics or related field, 1-3 years of experience
• Proven experience as a Supply Chain Analyst, Logistics Coordinator or similar role
• Experience in data mining, analysis, and reporting using Microsoft Excel and others relevant to company processes
• Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g. inventory planning, warehouse management)
• Working knowledge of MS Office, relational databases and ERP Systems (e.g. SAP)
• Analytical mind with business acumen
• Exceptional ability to conceptualize large-picture projects and foresee challenge and needs to be addressed
• Professional communication skills are essential when conversing and negotiating with vendors
• Outstanding organizational ability
• Experience working to improve all aspects of the supply chain by streamlining steps and locating the best prices for inventory
3MD Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, sex, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other category that is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.