SUPPLY CHAIN BUYER IProject Description:
The Buyer is responsible for purchasing and the end to end tactical management of defined suppliers and/or categories. This includes working across the organization to understand supply needs and planning parameters in line with ERP master data ; This position will also be instrumental in the implementation and integration of the procurement management system.
- Manage daily MRP exception reports for purchased materials supporting manufacturing schedules and Finished Goods while optimizing on-hand inventory and meeting service requirements.
- Maintain appropriate material and vendor master data in ERP and other systems as necessary
- Effectively utilize MRP system to maintain relevant data based on corporate goals and objectives (i.e. item & vendor masters, lead-time, order policy, safety stock and other modifiers) and manage purchase order exceptions
- Proactively report product and material availability issues
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Maintains personal knowledge of the supplier, government regulations, and established purchasing practices and procedures
- Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates
- The buyer supports the selection, development and management of strategic and preferred suppliers to meet commodity cost and performance goals.
- Manage material shortages and expedites
- Participate in the implementation and execution of commodity strategies to include spend analysis, inventory analysis, supplier rationalization and year over year cost savings.
- Develop Request For Proposals and negotiate contracts with suppliers and manage contracts
- Inventory Management: DOS reporting, inventory parameters, product life cycle, E&O, measured related KPIs
- Continually improve purchasing and planning methods and deliver cost savings through COGS reduction
- Support development and implementation of procurement and planning processes/systems including automated procurement systems and ERP
- Maintain and further develop key metrics to evaluate supplier performance; conduct post-contract management and facilitate supplier relationship management processes.
- Ensure purchasing and inventory system is compliant with all necessary local, state and federal laws and regulations, including requirements associated with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and financial controls (e.g., SOX)
- 1+ years' experience in procurement, purchasing, planning or Supply Chain Management
- Hands-on experience with ERP (SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards) and other electronic systems used in Supply Chain functions (e.g., scheduling, inventory management and planning tools)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required, Access, VBA, Project preferred
- Strong analytics skills; ability to take a large volumes of data and then analyze trends and produce results
- Strong technical knowledge of procurement/sourcing, pharma/biotech industry, category markets
- Demonstrated ability in leading complex projects to successful and on time completion
- Highly effective at initiating and working with cross functional teams by building internal and external relationships that create alignment and at operating and executing effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines
- Process-oriented with strong analytical skills and creative problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and proactive approach that is results focused
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to be able to engage and manage expectations of senior management
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related discipline preferred with 1+ years of purchasing experience in Pharma industry
- Relevant work experience may in some cases be a replacement of specific degree requirements
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Jacqueline:
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #21-01142
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE