Surgical Tech Non Certified (FT) - Northbank Surgery Center
Surgical Care Affiliates SCA
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCAâ€™s 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefitsâ€¦
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance â€“ eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
We are currently recruiting for a Surgical Technician at our facility. Our ideal candidate will be multitalented in all services we offer or be willing to train to any services in which they are not currently proficient. Candidate should understand the dynamics of a surgery center in terms of scope, pace, and sharing of facility responsibilities.
- Assembles supplies and equipment for scheduled procedures according to physiciansâ€™ preference cards
- Inspects equipment for proper working condition
- Follows principles of aseptic technique and prescribed operating/procedure room procedures
- Adheres to aseptic technique when opening sterile packages and preparing for the procedure
- Arranges instruments according to given procedure
- Correctly uses, cares for, cleans, and sterilizes instruments, supplies, and equipment as directed
- Handles equipment and instruments correctly to provide appropriate availability and safety
- Maintains and updates instrument cards and surgeonsâ€™ preference cards
The ideal candidate must possess a cooperative work attitude toward co-employees, management, patients, visitors, and physicians. And make decisions and solve problems independently as well as with their team.
- High school diploma or GED certification
- Completion of surgical scrub technician course
- Operating room experience
- Strong ethical and moral character references
- Two years previous operating room experience
- ASC experience
- ORT certification
About the Company
Surgical Care Affiliates SCA
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) partners with leading physicians, hospitals and health systems to develop and implement surgical services strategies across the country. With approximately 5,000 teammates, SCA operates more than 185 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in partnership with approximately 2,000 physicians and in affiliation with 45+ health systems.
At SCA, we put Clinical First. Our mission is to care for our patients, serve our physicians and improve healthcare in America by offering clinical systems, service line growth strategies, benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs that create measurable advantage for surgical facilities—clinically, operationally and financially.
An industry leader, SCA recently created industry-wide clinical outcomes reporting procedures, using metrics endorsed by the National Quality Forum. All SCA facilities pursue accreditation through The Joint Commission (TJC), the American Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers (AAASC) or the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
Our facilities focus on short-term care and primarily provide non-emergency surgical procedures in many specialties, including orthopaedics, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, pain management, and otolaryngology, among others. Our facilities provide physicians with the logistics and support staff necessary to perform these procedures.
SCA is deeply committed to our core values of clinical quality, integrity, service excellence, teamwork, accountability and continuous improvement.