AG Globe Services
30+ days ago
Role: Surgical Technologist
Location: Woonsocket, RI
Contract: 13 weeks contract with a possibility of extension
Pay rate: $25/hr
Shift: 7:00am - 3:30pm
WHO WE ARE
AG Globe Services is one of the major providers of clinical and non-clinical healthcare staffing across the United States.
We work with Clinical and Non-Clinical professionals to be deployed at Long- Term Healthcare facilities, Hospitals, Medical Centers and Behavioral Health Facilities. We are currently looking for staff to help us in supporting our clients during Covid -19 pandemic.
BENEFITS WE OFFER
AG Globe Services values our employees’ hard work, dedication, and unselfish act to help our clients in need during this global pandemic.
AG Globe Services offers a membership- based healthcare benefits to our employees. (*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.)
Unlimited Direct Primary Care*
Unlimited Virtual DPC²
Prescription discounts of up to 65 percent
Dental and Vision discounts of up to 50 percent
Our client is is a 214-bed, acute care hospital. Our client provides emergency, diagnostic, medical, surgical, cancer, cardiac, pain management, and obstetric care.
- Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
- Scrubs for cases according to established sterile procedures and changes into operative clothing; dons sterile gown and gloves and assists surgeons with same.
- Prepares for scheduled operative procedure by arranging sterile set-up of instrument table with linens, instruments and sutures required for specific procedures according to surgeons' preference. Assists nurse with counting of sponges.
- Assists surgeons with draping and positioning patient.
- Passes instruments, sponges, sutures and other sterile supplies and equipment to surgeons and assistants during procedures, holds retraction devices and acts to anticipate and respond to surgeons' needs during course of surgery.
- Receives surgical specimens, places same in preservative solutions, and notifies circulating nurse of source of material. Counts sponges, needles and instruments used during surgery before closing, and assists with sterile dressing of operative site following closing.
- Cleans operating room according to established procedures following each case by removing drapes, replacing hamper and trash bags, disposing of used supplies, cleaning and returning equipment to appropriate storage areas, and so forth.
- Washes delicate instruments requiring special handling and wraps instruments in preparation for gas or steam sterilizing.
- Performs related clerical and service duties such as answering telephones, relaying messages, booking cases, transporting patients to and from surgery, requisitioning supplies, and so forth.
- Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Education: High School graduate with formal training as a surgery tech. Associates in allied health surgical technology preferred.
- Licensure: Surgical Technologist certification required
- CPR certification on hire or able to obtain within 60 days.
- Experience: 2 years in operating room as a surgical technologist.
Other Job Requirements:
- Knowledge of operating room procedures.
- Knowledge of patient safety procedures.
- Skilled in effective participation on surgical team.
- Skilled in safety and infection control procedures.
- Skilled in equipment maintenance.
- Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.